Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-05-2021, 08:14 AM   #1

2018 Jayco SLX 145RB faucet issue

The spout on my "kitchen' faucet is leaking. I tried tightening the sleeve, but it's still leaking. Before I pull it apart, is it worth trying to find/fix the failed part
or just replace? The whole unit feels flimsy to begin with. If I replace, what brand(s) do you suggest?
Thanks
Musicman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:04 AM   #2

Take the old one out and go to your favorite retailer (Ace, Lowes, Menards, etc.) and find one that will have a similar footprint but with a real brand name you can trust. You will probably never have a problem again. You may need supply tubes and a conversion to the inside piping.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:40 AM   #3

yeah I agree. I think trying to repair the stock unit isn't worth, plus I'd rather have something more stable..
Musicman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:28 AM   #4

Thinking about ditching my kitchen faucet too, just dreading trying to squeeze under there to work on it. Especially if a lot of “conversion” has to be done with the pex lines and fittings. Pictures or advice on the easiest replacement faucet to purchase would be much appreciated. From anyone.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #5

I replaced a bath sink faucet and it was very easy. The old Jayco faucet and the new faucet had identical connectors. There is no way to know for sure what kind of connectors another RV faucet has, so you have to look if you want to know before buying a new one. Regardless of what kind your faucets have, there is likely an easy way to use adapters (if necessary) to connect a new faucet.

The main questions are: what kind of faucet do you want? What is the measurement between the sink holes - center to center - (probably 4" or 8")? Does the install require three holes (hot, cold, sprayer) or just two (hot and cold?
There's lots of advice and information in forums... sometimes it is correct. For example, all of my posts are made by a political appointee who got the job as a reward for contributions to my diesel bill.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2021 Chevy Duramax; Pullrite Superglide Hitch

RVhiker is offline   Reply With Quote