Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #1

2018 slx 267 bhsw

Any one have any reviews on this one.. thinking about purchasing it. Upgrade from a 2016 x213
Truckerjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:36 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckerjt View Post
Any one have any reviews on this one.. thinking about purchasing it. Upgrade from a 2016 x213
Base model. I have a 2015 and two things I don't like are: gas only water heater and no wall control for the AC. Everything else has been great.

Sent from my KFSUWI using Tapatalk
Treatcg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 11:34 AM   #3

We have one and are very happy with it. We picked it cause we really liked how open the floor plan is as well as the tons of storage. The bigger slide was a plus as well as the separate bedroom area since me and the misses often don't get up at the same time. I know it isn't the fanciest but it feels like a great bang for the buck camper. I'm pulling it with an F150 and at 5600 dry and 7000gvw it is well within working limits of most half tons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2018 slx267 bhs
RichP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:57 PM   #4

Quote:
we have the 2017 model and the family loves it. it was well within budget and checked off all the requirements that DW had. the only things i wish they included was led lights under the awning and the wall mounted ac controls. but we new that going in and we where ok with it. I will be installing the awning leds soon.

the post above mentioned pulling it with a 1/2 ton. i would double check all your weights as some 1/2 tons will be very close to capacity. I had an f150 with the 5.0 engine and it did pull it, but it struggled in the mountains and I had to be very careful of what and how i loaded it as it was at max capacity for tongue weight, payload, and axle weights. If i had the f150 with the ecoboost, max tow, and hd payload package then yeah no problem.
Old 01-09-2018, 03:35 PM   #5

We decided to go with the 25 bh. Didn’t like the sink outside the bathroom. I am also towing with a 2017 f150 5.0
Old 01-09-2018, 03:45 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by toklas View Post
we have the 2017 model and the family loves it. it was well within budget and checked off all the requirements that DW had. the only things i wish they included was led lights under the awning and the wall mounted ac controls. but we new that going in and we where ok with it. I will be installing the awning leds soon.

the post above mentioned pulling it with a 1/2 ton. i would double check all your weights as some 1/2 tons will be very close to capacity. I had an f150 with the 5.0 engine and it did pull it, but it struggled in the mountains and I had to be very careful of what and how i loaded it as it was at max capacity for tongue weight, payload, and axle weights. If i had the f150 with the ecoboost, max tow, and hd payload package then yeah no problem.
It is close to capacity on the F150 but I did my homework and I'm confident in its ability. Also on my 18 they added the led lights under the awning as well as ac and heat controls at the wall thermostat. Along with a handful of other tweaks
Old 01-09-2018, 05:53 PM   #7

Quote:
We decided to go with the 25 bh. Didn’t like the sink outside the bathroom. I am also towing with a 2017 f150 5.0

Good decision. Sink outside bathroom is a pain.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatcg View Post

It's interesting to see what people like and don't like. We preferred the sink outside the bathroom so I can be dropping the browns in peace while she does her hair and we aren't banging elbows
Old 01-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #9

I have the 26bhs which is he Jayflight version. It has a few more upgrades. I tow with a 2017 Ram 2500 Cummins. Had a 2016 f150 with 2.7 eco but it didn’t feel good even after multiple WDH adjustments. It’s better to have Extra truck than not enough or borderline. We love the floor plan with 3 kids.

nighthawk87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:48 PM   #10

I am well under my border line for towing but I know what you mean. I am a professional truck driver and I know all to well what you mean.
Old 01-10-2018, 08:26 AM   #11

We have a 2016 Unit and are very happy with it. Only major complaint I have is that in the warm/hot weather the lower bunk get very warm. The top bunk has it own AC vent but there is nothing to the lower bunk. We tried a clip on fan to to “pull in” some cooler air from the rest on the camper, but just wasn’t enough. Now we use a pedestal fan and that seems to make it comfortable. Other than that, we really enjoy it. If we were to sell this one it would only be to upgrade to a unit with a true bunk house in the rear and maybe some additional creature comforts.
As for towing, I had a 2009 Ram 1500 with a 5.7 when we got the camper. It was OK but felt like the camper was doing more of the driving than the truck at times. My opinion is that. Half Ton is just OK for that Unit. I have towed many enclosed (mostly race car) trailers over the years, so I have a pretty good idea of what feel I was looking for. Just couldn’t get it with the half ton. Went to a 3/4 Ram last year and it got it where I have no worries at all.
How this helps.

racertoms27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:04 AM   #12

The 267 is a nice upgrade from the 264. The 267 is very popular on our lot due to the roominess and price point. In the 287 you can't beat the very large shower and bathroom entry door. Enjoy the 267!!
sbarlag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:15 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by racertoms27 View Post
Only major complaint I have is that in the warm/hot weather the lower bunk get very warm. The top bunk has it own AC vent but there is nothing to the lower bunk.

x2

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichP View Post
It's interesting to see what people like and don't like. We preferred the sink outside the bathroom so I can be dropping the browns in peace while she does her hair and we aren't banging elbows
x2 - my wife likes our sink outside the bathroom, but I prefer it inside.

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #15

We have the 2015 version just like in the picture in the top of this thread and love it. We've made a few modifications to it like putting in a larger rear storage compartment door, put in a sliding window above the kitchen sink. Bought both the window and the door from Jayco and had them professionally installed so they wouldn't leak. Next I might put on a power jack. All three mods were done for less than buying the next higher model that had those. I'm pulling it with an F150 3.5EB and have no trouble. For the price, its been and excellent purchase.
Elroy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:43 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroy71 View Post
We have the 2015 version just like in the picture in the top of this thread and love it. We've made a few modifications to it like putting in a larger rear storage compartment door, put in a sliding window above the kitchen sink. Bought both the window and the door from Jayco and had them professionally installed so they wouldn't leak. Next I might put on a power jack. All three mods were done for less than buying the next higher model that had those. I'm pulling it with an F150 3.5EB and have no trouble. For the price, its been and excellent purchase.

Do you have a part number for the window? Was it a direct replacement?

Old 01-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treatcg View Post

I like this feature. I can get ready at the sink while someone else uses the toilet or showers.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

https://visitedstatesmap.com/image/ALCOFLLANMTXsm.jpg
Octopus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 05:06 PM   #18

But if people are in and out of the bathroom you have to keep moving so they can pass by. And if kids are sleeping in the bunks they wake when u turn light on or wash hands during the night after using the washroom. Just was not our style.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:54 AM   #19

My wife keeps really good notes on this stuff and I'm hoping the numbers are the same between Jayco and the dealer. So, from our local Jayco dealer the part number was 0224874 for a 15x15 sliding screen window. We got two. One for the kitchen and one for the upper bunk. It didn't make much sense to us for the upper bunk to have the smallest window that could open. Ventilation?? Looks like it was on $63. I can't find the number on the rear storage compartment door but it was a 22" tall door and same width as the stock. We also had a ladder and retractable slide topper put on. Upgrading two windows, a door, ladder, and slide topper and having them all professionally installed didn't even come close to the expense of upgrading to the next model camper that came with all those items.
Elroy71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:37 PM   #20

We have the 2017 model and we have been happy with it, I have looked at the 2018 and very few differences. My Dodge Ram 1500 handles the trailer very well and no problems with the high mountain passes.
thevettemanx2 is offline   Reply With Quote