Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-19-2020, 09:45 PM   #1

2020 34rsbs grey tank issue

hello!! Grey tank question! We have purchased a new 2020 34rsbs. This is our first camper with what we have been told has 2 grey tanks. Also, thank out for our first non full hookup weekend. Currently our tank 1 is showing full and tank 2 is showing empty but yet our kitchen sink is backing up into the shower. Maybe I am confused about the tanks. Our understand is one was for kitchen and one was for bathroom. But if the tanks are separate then how is the kitchen backing into shower and not filling into its own tank. Have we been told incorrect? Is the 2nd tank maybe only if we were to hook up a washer/dryer? Or are we missing something. Please help!
snyder1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #2

If your rig came prepped for washer/dryer, the second tank is probably for that. If tank #1 is full, that's why the kitchen sink is backing up into the shower. Don't over analyze it. JUST EMPTY IT!
Old 11-28-2020, 01:43 PM   #3

Yes the second tank is for the washer/dryer hookup I have same camper. If you ever figure out how to hook the washer/dryer combo up I would love to know how you do it I still can’t figure it out and the dealership I bought it at don’t know anything when I bought it they said it didn’t have hook ups but of course it does I can see the cold water and hot water lines and I have the second grey water tank
TROY4420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2020, 08:23 PM   #4

2020 34rsbs grey tank issue

That’s an odd setup. I have an Eagle fifth wheel which is a similar floor plan. One tank for kitchen, and one for shower/bathroom sink and I’m assuming washer/dryer if installed. You’d think the travel trailers would be setup similar. If not I can see where the sales folks got confused.

Can you open both dump valves with an exterior camco valve installed and equalize between the two.
2024 Chevy 3500HD DRW
TxLoser is offline   Reply With Quote