Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2020, 07:56 AM   #1

2020 jay feather 18rbm/mystery 12v circuit

Hello out there. Been working on new 2020 jay feather 18rbm. Unit has storage on back wall as you enter with large drawer underneath. Took drawer out to solidify with glue and screws as with all other drawers. Under it was a pair of 12v wires (blue and grey) just sitting there with ends just cut off. Circuit seems always live and I traced it to a 12v fuse labeled "bath, bed, slideout lights". Unit has no slides, but does have rear camera prep (no camera). Was thinking of hooking up lights in the storage cabinet using this line. Anyone have an idea of its purpose??
Attached Thumbnails
20200801_171808.jpg   20200801_171846.jpg  
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 01:59 PM   #2

Pull out the fuse and see what else doesn’t work when the fuse is removed. You might be surprised what else is on that line. Maybe even nothing. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:08 PM   #3

Jay, did just what you suggested and the results were quite surprising. Found that about 75% of all 12v circuits converged to one 12v fuse, including both fan-tastic vents. Called Jayco for schematics and service rep quite receptive until I told her unit was brand new. She said no diagrams, etc are sent out to units still under warranty and to contact dealer. Talked to local dealer's head tech who politely listened to my "problem". He said it would be quite a job to re-balance all of the circuits, but that if I was worried, he'd do the job under warranty. Finally, after googling a few wiring diagrams I took the time to pull the load centre, identify every line connected to each fused circuit, and then, was able to re-balance everything myself. It took me about two hours and now I know exactly what is protected by what fuse, plus the added value of knowing on which circuits I can safely add a few switched cupboard lights. Boy isn't it great when something actually works, for free!!
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote