Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-22-2020, 06:37 PM   #1

2020 Jayco Eagle - Laundry List (need guidance)

Hoping this forum can help. This is our 3rd trailer and decided to go new this time and saw this Jayco Forum which appears to be very helpful. We just got done with our maiden voyage and have a few issues. The dealer is so backed up that it looks like I'm on my own for a few of these unless I want to park it for the summer.

Figured I'd see if any of you have had these issues and have a quick fix.

- Macerator (Sanicon) doesn't seem to work at all. Followed directions on RV door and manual and nothing comes out of the unit. Motor/pump runs but I get nothing out of it. Had to use the old fashion gravity system which I'm fine with but I paid a pretty penny for these fancy new toys..would like to use them.
- Leveling System (LCI Ground 3.0). First was giving me a few "out of stroke errors" but after removing some blocks and adjusting height of hitch, the system seemed to work and said "success". However, it wasn't level. It was close, but I could notice the front a little lower. Manually adjusted the front jacks to improve it, but how accurate are these systems suppose to be? Is there a calibration that can/should be done?
- Fridge/Ice Maker. We have a unit with a commercial fridge that has ice maker and water on front. The water and ice maker are non-operational. I saw a few people post about shut off valves and located the one in the island but doesn;t seem to work. However, when i pressed to get water for a few seconds I could hear water flowing inside the freezer door. It appears water is flowing to the unit, but something is going wrong.
- Question/confirmation. Do I need to shutdown my inverter when putting the rig in storage for a week or two? I couldn't find how to shut it down and it wasn't explained to me on my PDI. I disengaged my battery so it wouldn't continue to drain it, but wanted to see if it was ok to leave my inverter on? Will it just shut down?

Sorry for long post. Don't know if separating questions was easier.
Brendon105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 12:28 AM   #2

On my fifthwheel with sanicon it has a gate valve that is on the main pipe facing in hard to see unless you get down and look up. The water on your fridge may need to be held for several minutes for the filter and lines to fill.
Old 06-23-2020, 08:21 AM   #3

Appreciate it. I’ll take another look at the pipe and see if there’s a valve I’m missing. I held the water on the fridge long enough to get water leaking all inside the freezer door. Something must be happening but it wasn’t flowing correctly. I might need to try again when the freezer isn’t cold and hold the door open so I can see where it’s coming from.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:22 PM   #4

Sanicon - I think the gate valve advice is accurate here

Auto-level - You may have to recalibrate it to your idea of level. I have the BAL version on my Eagle, not LCI so it might be different. With the BAL auto-level, you manually level the trailer how you like (recommend you do this with the slides out since they can skew the level). You then adjust two screws on the control unit to level. There is a screen that shows where the autolevel is in relation to your level. I'm guessing the LCI unit will have something similar, but YMMV.

Ice-maker/Water - Pull the bottom cover on the fridge. You'll find the water lines connected there by some quick connects. Could be leaking there. You'll also find a fridge diagnostics guide tucked in the plastic cover that shows how you can manually operate and troubleshoot the ice maker function.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #5

Also meant to comment on the inverter/battery question. Your factory battery disconnect should turn off your inverter. If it isn't, there may be something wired incorrect. It should also shut off all internal power. Mine wasn't doing this properly and I had to swap some wires in the converter unit.
morleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2020, 10:03 PM   #6

Shokyle you were correct. The macerator had a gate/blade valve facing towards the belly of the trailer completely out of normal sight. I’m sure that’s the fix. Appreciate the heads up.