Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-24-2021, 04:02 PM   #21

An alternative. Last year everyone and their cousin's uncle was going nuts and buying RVs like they were never being made again. With Covid slacking the charm is wearing off of a lot of people who are now selling RVs of various sorts with little usage on them.

We bought our current TT from a dealer and it was used but the previous owner only had it a week before deciding they really wanted a motorhome. It checked all the boxes and then some at a price we couldn't pass up. That being said, I know people seem to trust buying from a dealer but every single newsletter has multiple posts of dealer screwup stories. Our dealer was no different. Took them three tries to get the solar charging system right and even then it was only after they literally blew up the whole electrical system. I educated myself, told them exactly what I wanted and that I wasn't going to pay an extra dime. I now have a primo system which works perfectly.
StevePowerTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 12:54 AM   #22

We bought both of ours from Terrytown RV near Grand Rapids. I did get a quote from Indiana RV Connection (they don’t charge prep, etc). Terrytown matched pricing and dropped all the prep fees without hesitation.
mschwab72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 07:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathanstewart View Post
My wife and I bought a new 287BHS last spring for about 32,000 CDN dollars, so 30,000 US for a smaller unit sounds high.
Agreed. We paid $24,500 (including WDH) last August for a 2021 SLX 287BHS -- it had just rolled out of the factory and been delivered to NH.
Finally Able is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:00 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllysonG-NY View Post
Someone who had good sales experience with RVONE ... wow. I'll never buy from RVONE again.. no follow up after sales and service is awful. Never call you back and timeliness on service always seem to "drop" ..

I had a exceptional sales lady. My sister in law also had a great experience from RV One in Fl.

I’d buy from them again in a heartbeat...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 08:06 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickbnick View Post
Definitely shop around. I am also from Michigan and have purchased from Keystone RV in PA and from Indiana RV Connection just over the border and both were great on pricing and pickup. I have also purchased from General RV and never will again - not even for a small accessory.

Keystone in PA is good. We bought our first camper from them. I didn’t check around at all but was happy with their price.

When buying our second camper I contacted everywhere listed on here and that I could find online. RV One was the cheapest and my sales lady was great with communications. I was happy with my Keystone experience but they couldn’t come close to RV One on price. I was willing to pay them $2k more because they were closer to my location but they said they couldn’t get close to that...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:00 AM   #26

Check out: seedealercost.com they show what dealer's actual invoice price is for most individual unit, and for FREE. Of course, the current rv buying frenzies do make it a seller's market, but knowing the dealer cost does give you a fair start for negotiations, at the very least, will show the dealers who won't hesitate to rob you blind. As others have said, paying more than 30% off msrp, was too much, but that was "pre-covid". Good luck and don't despair, you'll probably find an honest dealer somewhere!!!
atmago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 06:02 PM   #27

Out here in California, the OTD price you listed would be a good price. RV pricing has gone through the roof out here in the past year. Grumpy is absolutely correct about the prep fee. You shouldn't have to pay for that service so avoid that dealer if at all possible.
Old 05-06-2021, 04:35 PM   #28

We just bought our 2021 267BHS for a reasonable discount under MSRP (~$25K) and then spent a little to add the roof ladder (was not added at the factory), the backup camera (they were the same price as Amazon), the anti-sway bars, and a few other features at the dealer. Our dealership was awesome (Hilltop in the Minneapolis area) and the entire crew has been super helpful and responsive.

We haven't taken delivery of the camper yet and we'd LOVE to get this group's feedback on the MaxxAir roof vent cover for the vent in the bathroom. This seems like a wise investment, but we can't quite figure out the dimensions of the vent, even after getting a build spec for our specific VIN direct from Jayco.

https://www.campingworld.com/maxxair...hite-1733.html

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Joyful Travelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 02:07 PM   #29

I ordered a 2022 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHS from a Minnesota dealer. I got all the options except, rear grille, skylight and exterior fiberglass. MSRP was $43,168.

With discounts, W/D hitch and my $1000 deposit, I am at $32,968 before taxes title, tag. No prep or Doc fees. If paying cash.
If I finance through them, it's an additional $1000 off to $31,968.
Baddestt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #30

Stock is going to be your big challenge. That being said not sure what part of Michigan but if anywhere near southern Michigan look at dealers within an hour of the Elkart. Low or no delivery fees and most have exceptional relationships with the manufacturer. I know that Haylett and the RV Center don't charge prep fees and don't charge outrageous mark up. Paid $9000 less than Camping world wanted for our 242bhs
bghed43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:39 AM   #31

Dealers

Dealers that I have had excellent experiences with are: Haylett RV in Coldwater, Indiana RV Connection in Middlebury Indiana (literally a stone's throw from where they are made and have a close relationship with the manufacturer) and Keystone RV in Greencastle Pennsylvania. As I said before, 3 huge issues (both pricing and with blatant lack of ethics) on 3 different occasions with General RV so never again.
nickbnick is offline   Reply With Quote