Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-01-2023, 11:08 AM   #1

2021 27BHB Water tank issue

When I'm connected to city water, my water tank overfills and releases excess water. Does the water pump have an internal check valve? Does the water pump need to be replaced? I have cycled the pump a few times to try to clear the issue with no luck. Any one have this issue?
Steven74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 03:01 PM   #2
Site Team

Yes, the pump does have an internal check valve in the pump head. If cycling it didn't clear it up, you could take the pump head apart to see if something is on the valve surface allowing water to leak past.

If that doesn't help, you can install an external check valve to the line or pump. The other solution is a new pump or head parts.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:03 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven74 View Post
When I'm connected to city water, my water tank overfills and releases excess water. Does the water pump have an internal check valve? Does the water pump need to be replaced? I have cycled the pump a few times to try to clear the issue with no luck. Any one have this issue?
Are you talking about your fresh water gravity feed water tank?

Is that the tank that is overflowing when you are hooked up to your city water connection?
Woollymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2023, 07:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woollymonster View Post
Are you talking about your fresh water gravity feed water tank?

Is that the tank that is overflowing when you are hooked up to your city water connection?
Yes
Steven74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:20 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post
Yes, the pump does have an internal check valve in the pump head. If cycling it didn't clear it up, you could take the pump head apart to see if something is on the valve surface allowing water to leak past.

If that doesn't help, you can install an external check valve to the line or pump. The other solution is a new pump or head parts.
You take that pump apart and I'll bet you find plastic drilled shards. The mfr allows the tank to be drilled and then friction welded. I found plenty of shards in my pump. You can either rebuild the diaphragms of your pump or just clear out all of those plastic bits and I recommend a filter on the inlet side of the pump!
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:25 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlightRisk View Post

I agree with that but pumping efficiency will be improved if the plastic bits are removed.
2014 Ford F150 3.5L Ecoboost
skids is offline   Reply With Quote