Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2021, 09:45 AM   #1

2021 Jay Feather 25RB Issues

DW and I camped in 8 Western states, 10 RV Parks/Campgrounds all with hookups during July and August. Below are the issues that came up during our 2 month trip:

1. Water flowing into the fresh water tank when hooked up to city water.
• Discovered this when checking the FW tank monitor lights on the control panel. My FW tank was empty. Water pump was not used the entire trip. With city water on, I opened the FW drain valve and water flowed steady without a water pressure regulator at the city water spigot. After installing my 40-50 PSI regulator the FW drain slowed to a steady drip.
• We camped at several hookup campgrounds and RV Parks for 2 months. The FW drain slow drip never stopped.
• The issue appears to be the check valve not closing at the water pump outlet.
• When hooked up to city water, occasionally check your FW tank monitor light to be sure no city water is entering your tank.

2. Shark fin rooftop antenna had poor, limited or no over the air (OTA) channels within 30 miles of transmission towers.
• I checked all connections behind signal booster wall plate and TV. Wall plate switch set to ANT. Scanned OTA channels. In cities got 4 OTA channels or none at all with Jayco’s shark fin antenna. Cable TV worked fine.
• Many comments from Jayco owners complaining about poor OTA reception with the shark fin antenna.
• I used our backup King OmniGo portable omnidirectional HD antenna. Every hookup near cities I consistently got 26+ OTA digital channels with the King while the shark fin antenna got 4 or no channels.
• The issue is either the ANT side at the signal booster wall plate or the shark fin that requires removal from the roof.
• The antenna is under Jayco’s warranty. If my Jayco dealer says the shark fin is defective, I will replace it with Wingard Air 360 antenna.
• I had Winegard antennas on three former travel trailers and always got plenty of OTA digital channels.

3. Dometic Awning (5 months old) Has Small Rips.
• When fully extended the awning has 6 small rips along its length at the roller end as you look up under the awning. They are about one-half inch long rips.
• Never had any strong winds during our trip. We think it is the awning material.

4. Black tank sensors defetive.
• The black tank monitor lights on the control panel stayed stuck on 2/3 full after multiple tank drains and during use.

All of these issues (except replacing the shark fin antenna) are covered under Jayco's warranty. We really enjoy our 2021 25RB.

Happy camping!
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote