Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-10-2022, 10:42 AM   #1

2021 Jayco X23B Furnace Issues

We have had an issue with our furnace since we purchased our TT. We have had it into the dealership for warranty work twice, but still experiencing the same problem.

After bringing it home from dealership from having it "fixed", we decided to get it ready for the season. Parked it in driveway and started stocking it. Turned the furnace on, and it worked like a charm all day and into the evening. About 4 am we noticed the furnace had stopped working again. We turned the thermostat on/off and the furnace will kick and you can hear the blower, but it does not ignite. After it shuts down, a red light flashes on the back of the furnace. This is the same reason we took it into the dealership twice for warranty work. Why does this keep happening and why is it so difficult to repair?

We have flipped breakers, unplugged from power, etc., with no luck. Our nearest dealership for warranty work is 1 1/2 hour away, and it is next to impossible to even get an appointment. Any help is appreciated!! So frustrating as we bought our unit new and the furnace hasn't worked since our purchase!
kjvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2022, 03:19 PM   #2

The brand and model of the furnace would help as Jayco is not consistent in what they install.
200 Watts solar panels from Renogy

Prev. '14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, gas 3.6 V6
RogerR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 07:56 AM   #3

Bump,

Your description of the failure at 4 am makes me think you have a 12V power issue. If the battery voltage drops below a certain point. The furnace will try to light, but it fails and shuts down after 3 try's.

Question just to confirm are you connected to shore power when this failure occurs? You imply you are. If so, the Converter should be supplying a constant voltage and this should not happen.

Your furnace blinking lights. Pending on the furnace model, the blinking lights is a trouble code. Look at the pattern and note it. The owner's manual will indicate what that failure represents.

My guess, your 12 converter is not working correctly and you are pulling power off the battery, and not utilizing the converter. It could be as simple as a blown circuit breaker or loose wire.

Do you have a multimeter? If not, I strongly recommend getting one. I would test your battery voltage with both connected to shore power and disconnected. When connected to shore power, you should read something around 14 volts (I forgot the exact number in my old age). With the battery disconnected for a while (like an hour) it should read 12.7 volts. if you have solar, make sure to disconnect it before testing. The solar might be what is charging up the battery during the day and giving the dealer false charge readings.

Good Luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 09:00 AM   #4

I do not have the model number right now, and we don't have the camper on-site today. However, during our own troubleshooting and googling yesterday, the next time the furnace kicked on, my husband just tapped the top of the furnace a couple of times and the heat kicked on. Would this indicate the sail switch is bad or dirty?
kjvest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, igniter