Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2021, 07:58 AM   #1

2022 Dinette Table

I just received my first Jayco TT yesterday. I originally ordered a 2021 24BH in March, but with covid delays I ended up with a 2022 model that just arrived. I’m happy with the bigger shower and a few other cosmetic updates, so all is well there.

The dinette….not so much. The table is connected using a bar with plates on each end. These plates slide into the crimped channel under the seats, and under the table itself. The table side seems fine, but the actual mounting side is extremely loose. The table has a strong lean away from the seating. It’s basically unusable because of this lean, a marble would fly off the table if set down.

It seems the top of the bracket has about a 1/4” gap, so I don’t know how this can be fixed. My dealer is great, and I know this is covered under warranty so I’ll set an appointment for them to fix the table. I am just wondering if this is an issue with the first 2022’s coming off the line or if it’s been around. A friend of mine ordered the exact same trailer, but went with the L-Lounger. This is basically a couch with a very similar table that uses the same mounting system. His table has the exact same issue as mine so our dealer will be fixing them both this week.

It also appears that the mounting bracket is simply attached with 4 wood screws into the panel beneath the seats. I feel like this should have a plate on the inside, and be attached with nuts and bolts to avoid it ripping off of weight is placed on the table.

As a new owner, I also had a couple of questions: what gauge wire extension chord should I use when plugging in at home? This is a 30amp trailer.

What PSI should I set my regulator to when hooked up?

I appreciate any feedback around this. TIA.
TahoePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 08:01 AM   #2

Photos

Here’s a few photos
Attached Thumbnails
828992EA-2DBF-45F0-B01E-41EA01B2379E.jpg   016D82D0-594B-442F-9AAE-6C0D928E5DC1.jpg   9EA68F8A-B10F-477F-B668-859C2AEE38D5.jpg  
TahoePowder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 09:01 AM   #3

Questions-

Can't comment on the table, but-

>>>As a new owner, I also had a couple of questions: what gauge wire extension chord should I use when plugging in at home? This is a 30amp trailer.<<<

30AMP! IF you want to run everything, put a 30A receptacle in at home.
Otherwise, get the heaviest wire gauge and shortest cord you can find to fit your needs.
Usually, running a 20A adapter will not allow you to run your A/C and other loads without things getting overloaded.

>>>What PSI should I set my regulator to when hooked up?<<< Generally 50PSI with water.
TS3 Hitch
Ms says I'm full of useless knowledge and other stuff...
ARoamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 11:22 AM   #4

Congratulations on the new TT

There is a post from earlier this spring where someone has the same table design, and added reinforcement. I recall they added the new wood to the outside (visible side of the bench). Then secured the table to it.

If it was me, I would remove the bench top and add a large wood panel spanning a decent area, behind the existing frame (out of sight). Secure that panel to the existing bench frame, maybe to the floor too. Then I would consider drilling through holes for bolts. Paint bolt head black once your happy with the install.

Wire gauge depends on a few things; How far is the outlet to where your plugging in at? Do you plan just to keep it plugged in so you can keep the batteries charged, run a few lights and the frig? Or do you want to run the AC? At minimum you want to use a 12 gauge heavy duty extension cord, and keep the cord as short as reasonably possible. Do not coil up any extra cord, lay it out.

Pressure Regulator; Personally I like to keep it under 45psi, but many people run 55 psi, a few run in the 60's. I would not recommend a set point greater than 65 psi! I do not like over 55 psi, as the pex fitting connectors used in TTs are not the same as what is used in a house and have a greater rate of failures/leaks.

I would also recommend doing a leak test at home. Put some water in the FW tank. Purge all the water lines using the water pump. Turn off all faucets, leave the pump on. If the pump cycles while the faucets are turned off, you have a leak. More frequent the cycling the bigger the leak. I can leave my pump on all night, and it will not cycle.

Good luck

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:31 PM   #5

The table bracket you're showing needs to be moved down until it is flush on the wall. Doing that will level the table out. It's mounted too high up the wall, causing a lean.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:36 PM   #6

A few have purchased this bracket with good results
Attached Thumbnails
0DDA2924-28B0-496A-9526-639A240E4034.jpg   D9CB9DC5-90F6-4DAB-9207-C014A671E447.jpg  
Old 11-28-2021, 08:41 AM   #7

We have the same travel trailer and table set up, except MY 2021. I removed the seat top in the U-shaped dinette area, removed the plywood seat bottom, and reinforced the entire panel that the table is screwed in to with a 2x4 in the back. I used my nail gun to then reinforce the panel to the 2x4 and the 2x4 to the floor.

I then replaced the screws in the receiving bracket that you mentioned has the gap with longer fully-threaded screws as the screws from the factory have a smooth head of about 1/2" before the threads start. This is attached to a piece of wood in the back. No more wobble or table lean.
gobdeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 03:31 PM   #8

I changed my table from freestanding to something similar to what you have using V shaped tv mount plates. To fix your table is easy, just reinforce the wall on the inside where the bracket goes. Then through bolt the bracket to the side wall using washers to shim it to be perfectly level. Be careful that you don’t screw doen through the slide floor and tear up the camper. Can you please show more pictures of how the table attaches and how it comes apart to convert into a bed? Thanks in advance. Jay
Jay2504 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
24bh, u-dinnette