Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-31-2022, 11:47 PM   #1

Unhappy 2022 Jayflight 212QBW "Inverter"

In my storage underneath, there is a wire that says, "From load center" with arrows pointing down the wire. It also says, "To 120v receptacles" with arrows pointing the other way down the wire. This is where my inverter is supposed to go. Is it that easy? All the Youtubes make it seem so complicated. My hope is to just buy an inverter maybe from Harbor Freight and stick it in so I can run things off the outlets (1000watts maybe) when there's no shore power or generator.
Attached Thumbnails
Inverter position.jpg  
andydu12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 06:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydu12 View Post
In my storage underneath, there is a wire that says, "From load center" with arrows pointing down the wire. It also says, "To 120v receptacles" with arrows pointing the other way down the wire. This is where my inverter is supposed to go. Is it that easy? All the Youtubes make it seem so complicated. My hope is to just buy an inverter maybe from Harbor Freight and stick it in so I can run things off the outlets (1000watts maybe) when there's no shore power or generator.
You still need to run the 12 volt from the battery. It is probably only wired to run the TV and maybe on other outlet so don't expect them all to be working after you install it.
Old 06-01-2022, 11:24 AM   #3

I wonder if anyone out there can give me or point me towards actual directions to do this. It would be great if Jayco would tell me how .
Old 08-07-2022, 09:30 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andydu12 View Post
I wonder if anyone out there can give me or point me towards actual directions to do this. It would be great if Jayco would tell me how .
Did you ever find instructions for this?
Thanks
Mike
higgorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 05:50 AM   #5

I did not. But I figured it out for myself. I cut the wire and put the "out to receptacles" on a DPDT switch with "off" in the mid toggle position (switch is about $90). I had two inputs to the switch, One from "load center" and one from my inverter. Works great.
Old 08-08-2022, 12:25 PM   #6

Do you have any pictures you can share?
Thanks
Mike
higgorama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 06:27 PM   #7

I am jealous. I have a 2021 model and does not have that invertor prep wiring. I installed my invertor in the storage area, along with my Lithium battery and just plug the shore power lead into the invertor when I want AC. Caution! You must remove the fuse from the power panel that sends 12 DC to the battery, else you will be charging the battery via the invertor!
I purchased an invertor with a remote control so I could easily turn it on and off to save draining the battery when 110v not needed.
BTW. I have solar, so don't need to charge battery from shore power, and as the trailer came with lead acid batteries, it would not charge my Lithium very well anyway.
When invertor (2000w) is on, all outlets have 120v and I can use microwave, tv, plug in toaster, Starlink etc. Obviously not air conditioner.
Old 08-09-2022, 09:51 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by higgorama View Post
Do you have any pictures you can share?
Thanks
Mike
Batteries up front, inverter in storage, toggle for outlet source power, and inverter power on/off.
Attached Thumbnails
image002.jpg   image003.jpg   switch 2022-08-09 203106.jpg   IMG_5246.jpg  

Tags
2022, installation, inverter, wiring