Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-22-2024, 07:32 PM   #1

212QB hot water side flow

Evening

We are about to head out with our new to us 2017 212QB. Today, I flushed out the system from the winterization.

I close the low point drain, put the plug into the hot water heater, opened the valve inside to allow water into the hot water heater. Filled the tank (we won't be on shore water this weekend).

Everythings great on the cold water side. Nothing at all, or just s dribble from the hot water side.

Did I miss something? First time with this trailer. If I don't figure it out this weekend, no real issues as we don't need hot water, but would like to figure this out.

Thanks!
Maine Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2024, 08:47 PM   #2

On my 19RD there are three valves involved in switching the water heater from Winter to Summer and back - yours is probably similar. You will need to visually imagine the wasy water flows through them or see here:

https://www.stresslesscamping.com/bl...rizing-your-rv
Old 05-23-2024, 06:16 AM   #3

Check to see if the HW tank is still bypassed? Did you give the HW tank time to fill up?

HAIL STATE!
magshooter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 07:19 AM   #4

Thanks. I only saw the one. And I should clarify. I did have water coming out the hot water side at first, then it turned to air, then nothing. And now just a trickle. I know water was going in the tank because I didn't put that plug in at first and it was coming out there.

The pump stopped running so I assumed it was content, not needing to push water anywhere, like the HW tank.

I didn't try too hard but all this stuff is under the couch and all I could appear to do was lift the couch bottom which started the transition to a bed. I can can only get a wedge glimpse down into the stuff under there. Can't just look down on everything and get a clear view. The couch must completely come out, just didn't put the effort into that.

I will get back to it after work.

Thanks!
Maine Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 08:44 AM   #5

This is normal for an empty water heater. Make sure your valves are set properly then let the hot water run. It can take several minutes for the tank to fill and during that time the tap will sputter and blow air.
FISTEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2024, 11:19 AM   #6

You have to pull the jackknife sofa up about halfway to where itís open to the tank below but doesnít snap down into the bed. Itís a balancing act. You should have two valves on the pex lines going in and out of the tank. Make sure they are turned to allow flow into and out of it. Outside, open the door to the WH and, as your WH tank is filling or under pressure, open the relief valve on it to let the air escape. Close when it dribbles out. That should give you flow.
😁 "If a man says heíll fix something, he will. Thereís no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote