Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #1

212QB "Puck Light" Leak

Hi, I have the 2019 QB212 and after a recent rain (snow melt) "discovered" water leak from front bedroom "puck light". Has anyone had such a leak from that over-the-bed light, and did you or would you treat from around recessed fixture and roof?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
Old 01-22-2021, 01:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

Seal it from the roof. Check the sealant where it meets the front panel, the marker lights, and any other penetrations while you're up there. Use a self-leveling sealant or Eternabond tape on anything that looks like it's degraded or suspicious. You'll want to keep any water from getting under the roof membrane from outside.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 01:17 PM   #3

I would suspect it is coming in from somewhere around the roof. I try to religiously check my TPO roof fabric every few months. It would only take a small tear from a tree branch to allow infiltration.

There have been posts here recently about sealing the edge where the roof meets the gutter. Here’s the link: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ion-82392.html . A couple of years ago I dabbed some extra Dicor lap sealant on the black edging where it curves up on top of the roof and terminates, just as a precaution.

I’ve also read threads about leaks into the wardrobes along side the bed, so I ran a bead of clear Geocel Proflex RV in all the overlap gaps between the front siding. Also ran it along the black edging, marker lights etc. That primarily would prevent water from blowing up and in when driving in the rain.

You might try to remove the puck light housing to see if you can see which direction it is coming from. Water can travel and even a cut or crack in the Dicor around the skylight or AC could be a source. Lastly, I’d post something on JOF if you haven’t already. There are lots of folks smarter and more experienced than me here! Good luck!
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:41 PM   #4

I took that same light out to replace with a different type on my 212QB and noticed the screws were rusty. I haven't tried to find out where the moisture was coming from yet.
Rubber Man is offline   Reply With Quote