Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-11-2020, 03:23 PM   #1

23 RB low drain points question!

Hi all. New to the site and to the camping world. I just purchased a 2015 Jayco 23RB. I have only been out in her 2 times so far. This last time I went, after hooking up to my truck, water started to just flow out from beneath the trailer from two hoses located just aft of the fresh water tank, and just inboard of the left side of the axel. This did not happen the first time I took her out. And no water drained during my 5 days of camping. Only after hooking up. I did not open any drains at all. Can someone please tell me if I broke something??? Is this normal???? I am at a total loss why this happen. Please help!
Johnny1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the Forum from Western New York State!

If your low point drains weren't opened, you were probably losing water from the overflow tubes. The fresh water tanks are very shallow, and anything off-level towards the overflow nipples will cause some to drain out there. That's assuming your tank(s) were full.

2012 Jay Flight 19RD
2016 Ford F150 XLT 2X4 SC 3.5L Eco Max Tow
2010 Tundra TRD DBL Cab (Traded)
2 new fluffy Corgis, Bayley and Stanley
JFlightRisk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 04:23 PM   #3

Thanks for the reply!

Thank you for the input. Are you telling me the over flow tubes are different from the low drain points? Are there 2 over flow tubes? I did just pull my camper off the levelers so she was tilted to the left a bit. Water came out for like 3 mins.
Johnny1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 05:26 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny1973 View Post
Thank you for the input. Are you telling me the over flow tubes are different from the low drain points? Are there 2 over flow tubes? I did just pull my camper off the levelers so she was tilted to the left a bit. Water came out for like 3 mins.
There are two low point drains. 1 hot and 1 cold. They both will have valves. There is one tank drain. It will have a valve on it. There is a vent/overflow line. It will have no valve on it. Some vent/overflows are at the fill connection. 2 tube close together near the axels is usually the low point drains.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 06:26 PM   #5

Welcome to JOF. If yours is like mine, there are two “T” shutoff valves inside the trailer above where they come down through the floor. They are prone to wiggling loose (up) and allowing water to drain. You have to push down hard to get them to snap closed. Or, install a couple of exterior quarter-turn valves on the ends of the pex lines outside like I did this week.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote