Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-03-2016, 11:50 AM   #1

23mrb

Are there any other 23 MRB owners out there? It was introduced in the 2016 line, so maybe not many yet. But if you're out there, say hey!
Jim-n-Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 12:35 PM   #2

We just picked ours up in May! We LOVE it so far! It was a step up for us from camping in a pop up! What a difference!
Tomminny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 03:27 PM   #3

We traded in our Forest River pop-up for ours, and yes, it sure does make a huge difference. Pulling out the beds on our high-wall was injuring our necks and shoulders. We got ours last August, and though there've been a few issues, our dealer is really great, so everything's been fixed. We mostly camp in SE Arizona; what about you?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:58 AM   #4

We are up in New York State and mainly camp in this area...on the shores of Lake Ontario or up in the Adirondack mountains. We have gone down to the eat coast of Maryland, coast of Maine and Mass. That was all with the pop up. Hopefully we can revisit those areas as well as head farther South with or MRB!
Old 06-06-2016, 10:32 PM   #5

23mb

yes we just got a 2015 23mb at a good discount a couple bought n used it once. gonna take it out over the 4th of july holiday. Live in northern ca.
Scampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 06:31 AM   #6

23 mrb

New to us May 2016, seems like a we'll built unit, had it out twice so far. Got a couple of minor issues, no biggie. So let me ask, every RV we've had in the recent past had "low point drains" a red and blue plastic pipe hanging down from the underbelly of the rig, with caps, or plugs in them. Can anyone shoot me a picture of the low point drains on their 23MRB, because either they are non-existent, or they forgot mine and the dealer has no good guess. Thanks, and happy camping.
Diesels dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #7

Diesels dad, we doon't have a pic, but the low point drain should be just behind the front corner of the dinette slide. Ours is white plastic, marked by a little sticker-sign on the dinette wall (but the drain itself is on the main underbody); maybe your sticker just fell off.
Happy camping to you, too!
Old 06-12-2016, 08:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim-n-Ash View Post
Diesels dad, we doon't have a pic, but the low point drain should be just behind the front corner of the dinette slide. Ours is white plastic, marked by a little sticker-sign on the dinette wall (but the drain itself is on the main underbody); maybe your sticker just fell off.
Happy camping to you, too!
I believe that petcock below the slide is the fresh water tank drain even though it is marked low point drain.
If you go back to where the water heater is and look under just below where the cable tv input is located, you will see two white pex lines poking through. If you go to the bathroom sink and reach your hand through the cut out section towards the floor, you should feel two mini gate valves. When you pull up on those, that drains the system thru those pex pipes below.
That seems to be how mine is set up anyway. Mine is a 2016 MRB

I also pulled the panels from below the fridge and that is where there water heater bypass is located and the panel below the kitchen sink...that is where the water pump is located and the valves and tube to suck in anti freeze when winterizing.

Hope that helps!
Tom
Old 11-15-2016, 07:41 AM   #9

Going to pick up my 23MRB, but haven't signed the paper yet. The dealer wants to add cost for the battery and battery case, detailing the unit, filling up the LP tanks
travelingjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 09:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelingjw View Post
Going to pick up my 23MRB, but haven't signed the paper yet. The dealer wants to add cost for the battery and battery case, detailing the unit, filling up the LP tanks
Wow, that is not right. If you already agreed to a price, that should be included. The trailer can't be towed safely with out the battery since it powers the break away switch for the brakes (from what I have learned here on the forum). The PDI, battery & propane should all be included in the agreed upon price. If the dealer tried something like this on me, I would walk away and go to another dealer. Just my .02 cents.
2015 Jayco Jay Flight 23MB Elite
Previous RV's, 1988 33-foot Barth Class A and 1994 Flagstaff Pop-Up
Desert RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #11

I am sure you are really excited to get this trailer. However, don't sign anything. Get blunt with the dealer. Be prepared to walk away. Charging for a battery case is petty, so is charging to fill the propane tanks and to detail the trailer.
Quickly look up the cost of a battery case online at WalMart, look up the cost of filling the propane tanks at your local station or purchasing them at the local exchange point. Detailing shouldn't cost anything since they have to keep the trailers on the lot detailed anyway; have him give you a cost for cost breakdown of the extras. I bet they are much higher. Be prepared to tell him 'no deal', and begin to walk away.
RV dealerships have an overhead fund like car dealerships do, and it's meant to cover these costs and to throw in the extras.
Tell him about this forum and others, and how it's a nationwide consensus that these things are part of the purchase price. We didn't just get our opinions on this stuff because we all want you to get a deal we didn't get...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2021 Argo Aurora 8x8/2008 Arctic Cat M1000 SnoPro
Previous: Komfort 5er/Jamboree MH/Lance Cabover/Jayco Whitehawk 25BHS TT
NVGun40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 02:39 PM   #12

23 mrb

Just picked our 2017 23 MRB up in June. Have had it out three times before storing it for the winter. Absolutely love the floor plan although we are thinking of replacing the mattress.
Hazman65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:15 PM   #13

We are really enjoying our Jay Feather Murphy very much (23RBM)!
FeatherFam is offline   Reply With Quote