Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-12-2017, 03:40 AM   #1

23RB and 2 Honda 2000EU gens

When boondocking, we run 2 Honda 2000EU gens in parallel. From time to time the overcurrent light comes on and we lose power. We are usually running the water heater, AC, and TV when this happens. When we go into a race, we leave the dog in the TT and I fear an overcurrent while in the race and not having AC. It is intermittent and I cant put my finger on it. We would leave the TV and AC on when going into a race and turning the water heater and water pump off. Curious if anyone has any tips or experience with this phenomenom. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
rtiedeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 04:21 AM   #2

When you stated the water heater is running, are you running it on electric, or gas? I am guessing electric from the way you posted what would be running at the same time. If on electric, try running it on gas.

As for during the race, while a tv doesn't take much at all, what about a battery powered radio for the dog with every everything else shut off besides the a/c?

Does the overcurrent ONLY happen when running the tree items (possibly with the water pump on as well)? Is it while the a/c is running or when the a/c tries to kick back on???

How old are the generators? One could have an issue, even if fairly new.

Good luck!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 12:32 PM   #3

So i took the advice. I only ran AC, the TV and put the water heater on LP when needed, and heater and pump off when we left. No problems with over current this time around.

rtiedeken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 01:58 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiedeken View Post
So i took the advice. I only ran AC, the TV and put the water heater on LP when needed, and heater and pump off when we left. No problems with over current this time around.

The overcurrent probably happened when the AC would start. The current draw is very high for like 2 milliseconds( which can be enough to cause the overcurrent.
I installed a Micro-Air Easy Start https://www.microair.net/collections...-soft-starters

I run my hot water heater, AC and TV on my parallel Yamaha EF2000IS
generators no problem. I have even been able to run all this on 1 Yamaha 2000 watt generator however it does run at a much faster RPM then eco mode wheras, unless the AC is starting, it just puts along in eco mode unless something starts up.

My Yamahas each have a 1.1 gallon tank and I put gas in it every 6 - 8 hours depending on how often stuff kicks it out of eco mode.

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote