Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-17-2017, 01:34 PM   #1

23RLSW owners

After driving through a heavy rain for a couple of hours we found water inside all the channels of all the sliding windows. Some leaking quite a bit. Also wet carpet and floor by the inside of the slide nearest the rear of the camper. All the windows that slide have a dip or cup in the seal in the corners. I'm not sure if that is normal.Regarding the slide when it comes to the end when retracting there is a slight up movement of the slide before it stops. I'm sure this is normal operation but when it does it reduces the effectiveness of the seal along the bottom of the slide.
It looks like Jayco installed a piece of foam underneath each corner where the slide stops for a seal but that seems to soak up water when underway.
We still really like this camper. Anybody else have the same issue?
Bob
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:28 PM   #2

Do not have you model but no model should leak when towed in the rain - if you still have warranty have them reseal the windows

JHerzog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:09 PM   #3

Not while driving, but the window in my 23RLSW slideout leaked like mad around the seals when we found ourselves in a really heavy storm with driving wind blowing directly into the side of the trailer - pretty much horizontal rain. Dealer corrected it under warranty without hesitation. FWIW, we have a topper installed over the slideout, so it was the first time rain really hit the window.

roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:39 PM   #4

Slide topper, who installed, brand,?? I have been thinking about installing one myself or having it done.
Do your flat seals on the slide windows curve in on the corners. Looks kind of like it folds in top and bottom instead of laying flat. Just in the corners.
380 watts of solar
2013 1500 Silverado 5.3 4x4 ext cab
Equalizer hitch 1,000/10,000
Firestone Airlift airbags
geezerbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 05:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geezerbob View Post
Slide topper, who installed, brand,?? I have been thinking about installing one myself or having it done.
Do your flat seals on the slide windows curve in on the corners. Looks kind of like it folds in top and bottom instead of laying flat. Just in the corners.
Dealer installed the topper for us, offhand I don't remember the brand.

Your earlier question about the slideout tilting - ours rocks slightly inward at the bottom as it finishes retracting. And starts the opposite way when we extend it. This is normal behavior. When it's retracted it gives a good seal the whole way around. There's just a little bit of slant to the outside wall of the slideout when extended.

Roger

TV 2010 Ford F-150 Supercab
TT 2016 Jay Feather 23RLSW
rkresge is offline   Reply With Quote