Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-25-2021, 10:20 PM   #1

24MBH WhiteHawk Slide sags when extended

So noticed today that while the rest of the rig is level the slide is tipped at a 1.5⁰ angle downwards while extended. Everything sounds and moves normal when extending/retracting. Wondering either (a) is my slide broken? Or (b) can I adjust the angle?

Ryan
Old 07-26-2021, 10:45 AM   #2

Ours appears to do that as well. I figured it was just part of the design since it doesn’t seem to go down until it reaches it’s fully extended point. Not sure if it’s normal or not, but the slide seems to be working okay. Can you post a pic so we can see just how bad it is?
Campingfamco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:12 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan B. View Post
So noticed today that while the rest of the rig is level the slide is tipped at a 1.5⁰ angle downwards while extended. Everything sounds and moves normal when extending/retracting. Wondering either (a) is my slide broken? Or (b) can I adjust the angle?

Ryan

Sounds like a Flush Mount slide. It drops down at a slight angle so that there is no difference on the inside floor. Had the same slide in the bunk house of my 325 BHQS.

Looks goofy from the outside, especially with 3 slides on that side. I used to get MULTIPLE questions as to if my slide was broken. But when you're inside, it makes perfect sense.
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 07:23 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB13502 View Post
Sounds like a Flush Mount slide. It drops down at a slight angle so that there is no difference on the inside floor. Had the same slide in the bunk house of my 325 BHQS.

Looks goofy from the outside, I used to get MULTIPLE questions as to if my slide was broken. But when you're inside, it makes perfect sense.

Just checked some dealer photos of the 24MBH, and that's exactly the type of slide you have. I believe that's what Lippert refers to it as their Above Floor Slide-Out.

Your camper is perfectly normal
2019 Jayco Jayflight 28RLS (New York)
The latest government survey finds that 3 out of 4 people account for 75% of the total population.
JB13502 is offline   Reply With Quote