Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #1

25 RKS Owner questions

Me again Margaret... grin (I wonder how many of you will recognize that line). My sweet wife and I are considering (yes already) moving from our 19 RD to the 25 RKS and would like to hear from a few of you who own the RKS how you like it. If you would be so kind as to give us a few of the pros and cons regarding your experiences with it we would really appreciate it. Thanks and happy camping.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 PM   #2

That sounds like an old Ray Stevens song. I liked the Blue Cyclone myself. I have an Eagle 266 RKS. My previous RV was a 24 ft Prowler 5th wheel RKS. Floor plan is kinda personal. When you know what you like you stick with it. Biggest benefit is the seating. Sofa across from the dinette makes for good visiting. I don't like the seating all in a line down one side of the coach.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 PM   #3

We looked at the 25RKS, it is a nice trailer, but my wife and I both wanted a rear lounge. We looked at the 26 RLS but it didn't have a pantry, The wife wants some place to keep the food. We ended up with a 29 RLDS. I don't remember the cupboard set up in the 25RKS, but I do remember it was a nice rig.

If you are born once you will die twice
If you are born twice you will die once
joe in calif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:20 PM   #4

Joe and Shawn. Thank you for the input and your thoughts. Shawn, yes, it was from a Ray Steven's song... my favorite is still the Mississippi Squirrel Revival. We really like our 19 RD, because of the big windows, but really don't care for the arrangement of the bed. Someone is always having to climb over the other to get out of the bed. I'm thinking we will be upgrading sooner than we thought.
Old 08-09-2013, 10:52 AM   #5

We have a 256 rks and we like the floor plan. The negative is the potential avalanche of canned goods from the pantry when you arrive at your destination. We fixed this with some extendible cupboard bars and all is good. Would buy the same floor plan again.

66 nights in 2016
61 nights in 2015
Derek700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #6

we love ours when we were looking the DW went inside the 25RKS and that was that we bought it that day. Ours has the big slide its 37 inches deep and about 13 ft long so when its out it really opens up the living area and it has plenty of storage inside which the DW likes and plenty of outside storage which I like. If we had it to do over I think we would make the same move
2004 Dodge 2500 CTD
Old Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 04:05 PM   #7

Thanks Randy. Also thanks to the other folks who replied. Sounds like there aren't really any negatives.