Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-10-2024, 08:28 PM   #1

25RB plastic front cap question

My setup is a 2023 25RB. I have the Furion cameras installed on both sides and the backup. I've wired them up so that I have a switch inside and can run them as observation cameras while disconnected from the tow vehicle as well.

So I got an extra Furion door camera to complete the four that the system accepts. I want to mount it on the top of the front cap so that we have a camera on all four sides of the trailer when we flip on the switch inside the 25RB to use them in observation mode instead of tow mode.

I contacted Jayco and asked for the construction drawings of the front of the 25RB and asked if there is any space inside the front wall that I can fiche a wire down to the bottom of the trailer or to the front storage area. They sent me a drawing, but did not answer the question. The response to the question was that they can't give advice or instructions on anything the 25RB was not wired for from the factory. Duh, ok.....

The construction drawing they sent for the front wall shows wood running the full width side to side, that the front cap curve wraps around on the front of the trailer. So it doesn't "look" like I can easily fiche a wire down the front. The problem I have with this is the construction drawing does not show the molded cap on the front or the lights that are on the front. So I know it's not a complete drawing of what is on the front of the 25RB, and I KNOW they have their own wiring running behind it to somewhere.

Has anyone drilled in to the front of their trailer that has the molded front on it and figured out if there is a gap in there that I could use to get a wire down either to the bottom of the trailer or in to the pass through storage to then run underneath to hide and wire it in?

The other option I though of is to just drill straight through the front and run the wire through the storage space cabinet that is over the bed and then down through one of the side cabinets to the bottom of the trailer and power it up from one of the side marker lights in the passthrough storage area. But if I can keep the wire in the wall instead of running through the cabinets, I would rather keep it clean and in the wall.

Any thoughts or insight that anyone has on what is behind that molded front plastic cap on the front of the travel trailers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
ems437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:50 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems437 View Post
My setup is a 2023 25RB. I have the Furion cameras installed on both sides and the backup. I've wired them up so that I have a switch inside and can run them as observation cameras while disconnected from the tow vehicle as well.

So I got an extra Furion door camera to complete the four that the system accepts. I want to mount it on the top of the front cap so that we have a camera on all four sides of the trailer when we flip on the switch inside the 25RB to use them in observation mode instead of tow mode.

I contacted Jayco and asked for the construction drawings of the front of the 25RB and asked if there is any space inside the front wall that I can fiche a wire down to the bottom of the trailer or to the front storage area. They sent me a drawing, but did not answer the question. The response to the question was that they can't give advice or instructions on anything the 25RB was not wired for from the factory. Duh, ok.....

The construction drawing they sent for the front wall shows wood running the full width side to side, that the front cap curve wraps around on the front of the trailer. So it doesn't "look" like I can easily fiche a wire down the front. The problem I have with this is the construction drawing does not show the molded cap on the front or the lights that are on the front. So I know it's not a complete drawing of what is on the front of the 25RB, and I KNOW they have their own wiring running behind it to somewhere.

Has anyone drilled in to the front of their trailer that has the molded front on it and figured out if there is a gap in there that I could use to get a wire down either to the bottom of the trailer or in to the pass through storage to then run underneath to hide and wire it in?

The other option I though of is to just drill straight through the front and run the wire through the storage space cabinet that is over the bed and then down through one of the side cabinets to the bottom of the trailer and power it up from one of the side marker lights in the passthrough storage area. But if I can keep the wire in the wall instead of running through the cabinets, I would rather keep it clean and in the wall.

Any thoughts or insight that anyone has on what is behind that molded front plastic cap on the front of the travel trailers would be appreciated.

Thanks!
I watched a Jayco walk-through tour a few weeks back. I remember seeing the open front of a Whitehawk, pre-nose cap placement. Also, a video showing the nose front and all the spaces where they placed insulation, on a Jayflight stick built model.

I assume the Jay Feather nose is built with wood, but doesn't have the radiant barrier. I do not believe any of the Jayco trailer models have aluminum frame in the nose, right?

I think there's room under that cap.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.46.43 AM.jpg   Screenshot 2024-03-14 at 9.49.36 AM.jpg  
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote