Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #41

Round two for me is tomorrow. Rear cam, levelmate pro, outdoor carpet, upgraded T-stat etc.. I still need to find a small light weight foldable table in case site has no table.
Did your 26bh come with the bbq mount for the rear bumper? I'm thinking I want it but can't seem to find it online anywhere. Mine has
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 09:34 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studiovette View Post
Round two for me is tomorrow. Rear cam, levelmate pro, outdoor carpet, upgraded T-stat etc.. I still need to find a small light weight foldable table in case site has no table.
Did your 26bh come with the bbq mount for the rear bumper? I'm thinking I want it but can't seem to find it online anywhere. Mine has
No BBQ grill yet... Been looking at the a underframe spare tire mount to open up the back bumper for other items possibly. If you find a great lightweight table please let me know what you go with (share a link). I have a table but not as lightweight and portable as I would like.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
mbpayne74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 01:57 AM   #43

26BH - First Trip Report and Thanks!

Coleman has a nice pack-away folding table. They fold up into a small box. My folks have them in their Pinnacle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Timbrens
blwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 06:54 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpayne74 View Post
No BBQ grill yet... Been looking at the a underframe spare tire mount to open up the back bumper for other items possibly. If you find a great lightweight table please let me know what you go with (share a link). I have a table but not as lightweight and portable as I would like.

Not sure how important this is but I bought it anyway. I was reading some issues people were having with the backflush option. If I remember correctly you might have that feature. Also a sewer hose rinser

Backflow preventer

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Rinser

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-02-2017, 07:03 AM   #45

Cool thanks for the links! I think the water filtration system I built allows water to only flow one direction and may act like a back flow device as well. I will have to check that though.

Old 06-02-2017, 05:25 PM   #46

Congrats on that first trip we were there two years ago ourselves. I have to say this thread is what JOF is all about, really nice people helping each other to enjoy the rv life, oh and that is a good looking rig.
"Gonna buy a home on wheels see
how it feels going mobile"
mothernaturesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #47

My first trip was yesterday. Still at the campground. KOA of Woodstock NY. We had so much fun yesterday. Kids are having a blast.
Everything went smoothly for the most part. Only had to go about 12 miles on the hwy and I had a bit more sway than I wanted to so I'm making a small adjustment on the bars for the 2 hr ride home. Was a little nervous but wasn't too bad. No white knuckle driving.
When we got to the site I was able to jump into action pretty quickly after I got organized and was able to find all my gear. Finding all the gear was the hardest part. Need to get some organizing bins and label them. Although I was like a kid just taking in the entire experience. My wife couldn't believe all the $hit I had bought! but soon realized a few necessities were missing.

I didn't get too fancy this 1st trip since it's just an overnighter. Got us as level as possible and left her hitched up. Gonna do some practice hitching/unhitching at home before I store her tomorrow. That's definitely got me the most nervous. Everything else seems pretty self explanatory but I'm sure after a couple times the hitching and leveling will become a breeze too!
Old 06-04-2017, 10:57 AM   #48

Quote:
My first trip was yesterday. Still at the campground. KOA of Woodstock NY. We had so much fun yesterday. Kids are having a blast.
Everything went smoothly for the most part. Only had to go about 12 miles on the hwy and I had a bit more sway than I wanted to so I'm making a small adjustment on the bars for the 2 hr ride home. Was a little nervous but wasn't too bad. No white knuckle driving.
When we got to the site I was able to jump into action pretty quickly after I got organized and was able to find all my gear. Finding all the gear was the hardest part. Need to get some organizing bins and label them. Although I was like a kid just taking in the entire experience. My wife couldn't believe all the $hit I had bought! [emoji38]2: but soon realized a few necessities were missing.

I didn't get too fancy this 1st trip since it's just an overnighter. Got us as level as possible and left her hitched up. Gonna do some practice hitching/unhitching at home before I store her tomorrow. That's definitely got me the most nervous. Everything else seems pretty self explanatory but I'm sure after a couple times the hitching and leveling will become a breeze too!
Glad to hear the trip is going well... We are finding similar small necessity items as well. Good luck on getting the sway under control. My understanding is that with an SUV it can be tougher to control sway due to the shorter wheel base. Hopefully the adjustments to WDH resolve the issue.

My second time to fully set the 26BH up and trying to do it during a full rain storm at night (5 inches of rain over a short timeframe) defintely tested my organization skills. Forecast was no rain at camping area... Oh well. Taking the kids fishing now hope all have safe travels.

Old 06-04-2017, 07:56 PM   #49

In the rain?? That's gotta be annoying. Speaking of weather we had the heat on in the AM as it was 50 degrees between 5-7am then warmed up nicely. I got such a great night sleep. Lol. New matress, sheets and comforter were amazing! Kids loved the bunks. Perfect camper for our fam of four.
Already planning the next trip!
Old 06-05-2017, 07:52 AM   #50

Quote:
In the rain?? That's gotta be annoying. Speaking of weather we had the heat on in the AM as it was 50 degrees between 5-7am then warmed up nicely. I got such a great night sleep. Lol. New matress, sheets and comforter were amazing! Kids loved the bunks. Perfect camper for our fam of four.
I don't think I will see any more 50 degree days until October at the earliest in TX... Well unless we travel to Colorado which we might. I noticed several people complaining about the mattresses starting to indent and sure enough ours is starting to do the same already... May have to spring for a memory foam or some other version... Let me know your experience as well and what any of you may have already switch too.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:06 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbpayne74 View Post
I don't think I will see any more 50 degree days until October at the earliest in TX... Well unless we travel to Colorado which we might. I noticed several people complaining about the mattresses starting to indent and sure enough ours is starting to do the same already... May have to spring for a memory foam or some other version... Let me know your experience as well and what any of you may have already switch too.

Will do. Wanted to ask you about the fridge operation. So from what they told me during my demo is that the fridge can only operate once plugged in to shore power or on propane. Does that mean while in between destinations the fridge is not getting any power not even from battery? I know some might leave propane on but that's probably a major hazard while driving I would think. I guess the only other options would be to plug in night before and get it as cold as possible prior to departing. Do you have one battery or two? I noticed you had listed a 2nd battery box on your list of items to get.

Enjoy your trip.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:14 AM   #52

Quote:
Will do. Wanted to ask you about the fridge operation. So from what they told me during my demo is that the fridge can only operate once plugged in to shore power or on propane. Does that mean while in between destinations the fridge is not getting any power not even from battery? I know some might leave propane on but that's probably a major hazard while driving I would think. I guess the only other options would be to plug in night before and get it as cold as possible prior to departing. Do you have one battery or two? I noticed you had listed a 2nd battery box on your list of items to get.

Enjoy your trip.
No second battery yet... Bought the box so I could easily add the battery disconnect switch and store a couple of small tools for now... I checked into it... Most seemed to say don't use propane while driving except for the frig... I have had the fridge on both times we traveled with no issues. Currently my plan is to use propane while traveling with it just so all is set for camping upon arrival. Once we plug in to electricity it switches to electric and hasn't missed a beat.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:25 AM   #53

When you get a chance Please send me your battery disconnect switch setup. Would love to see how you do this. Headed over to the storage place today and will just disconnect the neg cable for now.

I bought this one but not sure on mounting and install procedures.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01IQ...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 06-05-2017, 08:11 PM   #54

I haven't hooked the disconnect up yet and just got back a couple of hours ago... Hopefully can look at it tomorrow...

On another topic I ended having a small water leak between the front door and bedroom window. I think it is the bedroom window after several paper towel tests. We have had around 8 inches of rain over the last few days so it was definitely a test but needless to say disappointing to see the leak... Plan to get the ladder out tomorrow as well and inspect the window and front door in detail. Nothing like getting into your 2nd trip and seeing a small pudding coming out of your wall... Dread the dealer possibilities after seeing all the length of time they may want to keep the trailer... Hope I can find something definitive as the reason for the leak.

Old 06-05-2017, 09:07 PM   #55

Wow sorry to hear that. That should not be happening. Truth be told I barely slept last night as it was pouring hard for a few hours straight. We must have gotten 2-3 inches easily in a matter of a few hours. I was worried that I would wake up in the AM with a leak somewhere. I didn't want to go inside and check but eventually had to drive her over to the storage lot. That was another difficult task. Backing up was a PITA! Luckily I had some really good help. One of the guys stepped in and offered to assist. Once we got her parked he also offered assistance unhitching but let me do it alone and it was pretty straight forward although I forgot to level her first before disconnecting. Haha. Luckily I was pretty close as it started to rain and I just finished up unhooking and adding some other finishing touches.

On my to do list is installing the backup camera and mirror extenders for my Durango. I definitely need them to be safe as I can barely see what's going on behind me on my Durango. Need to get these both done before trip number 2.
Good luck with the leak detection. Let us know how you make out.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:20 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
I have a 2016 SLX 264BHW. Same floor plan as the 26 BH. On top of everything mentioned above i also installed a folding metal cover over the stove to use for extra counter space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one as per your recommendation and it looks great. Did you screw yours down? I was thinking of maybe siliconing mine or just screwing it down on the ends to not make so many holes in the counter. I think it would probably fly around when driving if it's not installed somehow.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:20 AM   #57

Quote:
What sheets have you found that fit the bunk beds? The bottom bunk is shaped different. thanks.
asimms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by asimms21 View Post
What sheets have you found that fit the bunk beds? The bottom bunk is shaped different. thanks.
I bought 2 sets 100% cotton jersey T sheets from Target. They are soft and flex. Just tuck the excess under the bunk mattress. Full size. The beige color even matches with our two tone interior.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #59

Quote:
I bought 2 sets 100% cotton jersey T sheets from Target. They are soft and flex. Just tuck the excess under the bunk mattress. Full size. The beige color even matches with our two tone interior.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
Nice. I will need to get a sheet protector as well. I have a 2.5 and 5.5 year old. You never know when there will be an accident 😬
asimms21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 11:51 AM   #60

Question Jayco Jayflight 26BH - Bathroom door is in the way..

Hello campers, I am wondering if I removed the bathroom door and put curtain there. It just two adults here. The door is sort of annoying and in the way. Have anyone done that? My concern is that is the door there to keep the trailer frame (the wall) stable during transport? I know silly question but want to be sure. Thanks in advance.
2001 Jayco Qwest 12A (SOLD)
4 kids, 3 grown children, 1 in high school.
Jwunsch is offline   Reply With Quote