Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-23-2016, 06:13 PM   #1

26BH tank locations? sagging underbelly

Does anyone have a frame drawing and/or know where the grey and FW tank(s) are located on a 26BH?

I noticed the underbelly on my TT was sagging in the middle to the point where it is resting on the front axle. I pushed up on the underbelly and didn't feel much resistance so I'm confident I don't have a tank dropping or a water leak but noticed Jayco didn't put any screws across the TT in the area. I bought self taping screws in an attempt to screw the plastic sheeting back up. I cut a few "inspection" holes in the plastic at places where I thought I could add screws but only found what appears to be a water tank. I really don't want to have to drop the entire panel to find a place to drill into but it does not appear there are frame cross-members in the middle of the TT. Maybe Jayco assumed the sheeting would stay in place with screws around the perimeter but how did they expect the plastic to stay up with no support in the middle of the TT?
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:51 PM   #2

If the tank you have found is white, it is a FWT. If you have a strong magnet and can push up the plastic easily, work towards the front and back with plastic pushe'd up using the magnet. There are steel crossmembers up there that the tanks sit between. Once you have found the crossmembers cut your inspection hole to see where to drill. (Not the tank side of the crossmembers . ). When I was looking inside my underbelly I stuffed some high density foam around the tank so it would not slide around up there. Also while I was in there I secured wiring, fixed the poor connections to the slide motor. Tightened some clamps and foamed in the holes where everything passed thru the floor. Hoses wiring etc. It was defiantly worth it for me to drop the plastic and see what was in there.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 12:20 AM   #3

How easy is it to drop the underbelly?
Rootus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 08:32 AM   #4

It's just a matter of removing the screws and pulling it down. It's a bit annoying (especially putting it back up) but take your time and work slowly. You will find lots to do up inside to prevent future issues. I probably spent sevreal hours up in there securing and adjusting various things. I figured while I was in there I would do a bunch so I wouldn't have to go back in later.
Happy Camping
Andersen Hitch.
'07 Northern Lite 10-2RR Camper.
SuperSprings.
Northern Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 09:38 AM   #5

Send a message via Skype™ to ALJO
Just drop part of the underbelly, like after the axles or in front of the axles. Use some milk crates or substitute and a 8 ft. 2x4 on different places to hold up the coroplast sheeting. If you want it real tight, use a chain or cable puller on the front and clamp the coroplast between 2 boards and pull it tight. You even can but a few extra fir 2x2 cross members in where needed. After fastening tape the holes and seams with bulldog tape and silicone to make it waterproof. Done that and is better installed than the mfg. plant.
Pro Series 1200 lbs. WDH with Double Sway Bar.
Champion 3100/2800 watt Inverter/Generator-Onboard Solar Power
ALJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 11:21 AM   #6

Thanks for the feedback and tips!
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote