Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 12-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
We have an articulating mount with the TV permanently mounted there. What I do is put a flat bungee cord around the TV and the mount for travel and it stays in place with no problems yet. Previously, I had a mount that allowed me to take the TV out but it wasn't very adjustable, which made it hard to get a very good angle for viewing. This other method has worked out fine.
__________________

__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
We have an articulating mount with the TV permanently mounted there. What I do is put a flat bungee cord around the TV and the mount for travel and it stays in place with no problems yet. Previously, I had a mount that allowed me to take the TV out but it wasn't very adjustable, which made it hard to get a very good angle for viewing. This other method has worked out fine.
That`s the issue I have, where I may mount it would require an articulating mount, fixed flat to the wall just will not work. So the mount will not lock in place, you have to use bungee or such to keep it from moving in transit is what you are saying. OK I can make that work. How hard is it to remove the TV from the mount, a matter of removing a few screws?
__________________

__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That`s the issue I have, where I may mount it would require an articulating mount, fixed flat to the wall just will not work. So the mount will not lock in place, you have to use bungee or such to keep it from moving in transit is what you are saying. OK I can make that work. How hard is it to remove the TV from the mount, a matter of removing a few screws?
Yes, 4 screws. Now mind you, I only paid $20 for the mount for the trailer. I have a similar mount at home with a bracket that simply lifts off the articulating arm, making moving it around an absolute breeze. Of course, that one cost me more like $60 so it's all what you're willing to pay.

I have been toying with the idea of attaching one of these... back piece to the arm plate with the front piece attached to the back of the TV for easier removal and storage.



And here's the mount:

__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
An update for the Crabman:

This morning, I took the mount apart to separate the backplate. Drilled holes in the slide-on plate and fastened that to the backplate. Put the other piece of the slide-on mount on the back of the TV and now I have an easily removable LCD with an articulating mount. Works like a charm.

PM me if you want further explanation or I can take some photos of it.
__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Site Team
 
Crabman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 14,654
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
An update for the Crabman:

This morning, I took the mount apart to separate the backplate. Drilled holes in the slide-on plate and fastened that to the backplate. Put the other piece of the slide-on mount on the back of the TV and now I have an easily removable LCD with an articulating mount. Works like a charm.

PM me if you want further explanation or I can take some photos of it.
I`m for sure interested in this, I just may have to PM you or get pics, it takes awhile for stuff to sink in this thick head sometimes!
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy 2500 HD CC 6.0l
2010 Jayflight 28BHS (sold)
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #16
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 8
Quahog,

Would love to see the pics and curious where you got the 'quick release' for the television. I would prefer to tuck the televisions away when in transit.

Thanks!
aSLOdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Quahog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSLOdonat View Post
Quahog,

Would love to see the pics and curious where you got the 'quick release' for the television. I would prefer to tuck the televisions away when in transit.

Thanks!
They aren't the best pictures... but you should get the idea.








BTW, the mount is this one from Amazon ($20):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ID7QNI/?tag=_c-20

and the slide-in piece I got from Camping World but it was more expensive than this one which looks to me like it should work just fine:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VKCIJU/
__________________

__________________
Mike, Sue, Sissy and Little Man

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.