Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-26-2011, 06:02 PM   #1

26BH Television Mount

I just received 2 TVs to mount in my 26BH from Santa. They are 22" LED/DVD Combos and weigh 7.9lbs each.

I mounted the first one today in the main bedroom area. It worked great because there was a cabinet on the other side of the wall and I measured things out and managed to hit the vertical cabinet support like SmokerBill did in his post in 'TV in Bedroom.' The thing is very sturdy and I am very comfortable with the mount.

I am more concerned about the best way to mount the next one which is over our kitchen table and by our stereo and just above our thermostat. The wall is flimsy where the sticker was and I am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around this one... I have read a number of posts about TV mounts and didnt want to make a backer board...

Any last thoughts by those of you who have done it??

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG4496-L.jpg  
aSLOdonat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 06:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Welcome to the forum, aslodonat! Not sure if it is high enough but there should be support behind the wall where the bunk connects to the wall on the other side. Of course with that thermostat there you would want to know where any wires might be located in that wall before drilling in it. Perhaps you could request a wiring schematic from Jayco. I too am considering a TV mounting location in my 28BHS which also has the bunk behind the wall. You appear to have a solid door separating the bunkroom whereas I only have a curtain, did you install that or was did it come that way?
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 08:10 PM   #3

That was actually just a pic I grabbed off another post... I have the bunks behind that wall you are looking at with a curtain... no door.

I was going to try and contact Jayco tomorrow to see if they could help me with wiring, also the stud separation, and maybe even some guidance on where the mounting should really take place...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #4

I just got a 23" LED for my 26BH. I mounted it on the existing brack that was mounted where your sticker is. Feels secure with the tv on there. Now I just need to figure out power options. I don't want to run extension cords. What are your plans?
cpa0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:17 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSLOdonat View Post
That was actually just a pic I grabbed off another post... I have the bunks behind that wall you are looking at with a curtain... no door.

I was going to try and contact Jayco tomorrow to see if they could help me with wiring, also the stud separation, and maybe even some guidance on where the mounting should really take place...
Welcome!

If you ask, Jayco will usually send you a blueprint of how the walls were designed.

2009 JayFlight Manual Library

Want to add a signature to your posts? --> Click Here
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 11:49 PM   #6

I mounted a 19" TV/DVD combo (8.8 lbs) on the dining room wall of my 2012 26BH with a Rocketfish low-profile tilting mount kit for 13"-26" TV's.

I mounted it with the bottom edge of the TV flush with the bottom of the cabinets, which put the mounting plate slightly below the sticker on the wall. I used 1" long x 5/16" lag screws to fasten it to the wall and it is very sturdy. I've made a 70 mile round trip with it over some pretty rough roads and it didn't budge.

The dining room wall is re-enforced with plywood behind the sticker. The plywood is considerably larger than the sticker is but I don't know by how much. (It would be nice to know how big it is and the exact location)
Daniel Barbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:39 PM   #7

there should be a stud behind the mounting sticker. try a stud finder. Our 15in tv worked out fine there.
Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:01 AM   #8

My first post! For those that have/are mounting a TV in their trailer, are you permanently mounting the TV to the wall or are you using a mount that allows you to remove the TV during transportation?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tafische View Post
Welcome!

If you ask, Jayco will usually send you a blueprint of how the walls were designed.
Yes, Jayco will send you a print of the inside of the walls. After I saw the print I decided not to mount my TV to the wall. There is a shelf and I built a mount that sits on the shelf and TV will mount on that.
Curt class V hitch
Reese trunion WD with dual cam
AC6CV/7 ex-W8RUR since 1954

Wyotraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 10:25 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
My first post! For those that have/are mounting a TV in their trailer, are you permanently mounting the TV to the wall or are you using a mount that allows you to remove the TV during transportation?
Welcome to the forum SDBryan! That`s a good question and I have been wondering that myself, if the TV can be locked in place on the mount (especially if it is an articulating mount) so it will not move during travel and if not, how difficult is it to remove the TV from the mount?
Old 12-31-2011, 10:43 AM   #11

We have an articulating mount with the TV permanently mounted there. What I do is put a flat bungee cord around the TV and the mount for travel and it stays in place with no problems yet. Previously, I had a mount that allowed me to take the TV out but it wasn't very adjustable, which made it hard to get a very good angle for viewing. This other method has worked out fine.

2015 Ford F350 Lariat FX4 6.7 CC DRW
2015 Eagle Premier 351RSTS

Quahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
We have an articulating mount with the TV permanently mounted there. What I do is put a flat bungee cord around the TV and the mount for travel and it stays in place with no problems yet. Previously, I had a mount that allowed me to take the TV out but it wasn't very adjustable, which made it hard to get a very good angle for viewing. This other method has worked out fine.
That`s the issue I have, where I may mount it would require an articulating mount, fixed flat to the wall just will not work. So the mount will not lock in place, you have to use bungee or such to keep it from moving in transit is what you are saying. OK I can make that work. How hard is it to remove the TV from the mount, a matter of removing a few screws?
Old 12-31-2011, 01:18 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crabman View Post
That`s the issue I have, where I may mount it would require an articulating mount, fixed flat to the wall just will not work. So the mount will not lock in place, you have to use bungee or such to keep it from moving in transit is what you are saying. OK I can make that work. How hard is it to remove the TV from the mount, a matter of removing a few screws?
Yes, 4 screws. Now mind you, I only paid $20 for the mount for the trailer. I have a similar mount at home with a bracket that simply lifts off the articulating arm, making moving it around an absolute breeze. Of course, that one cost me more like $60 so it's all what you're willing to pay.

I have been toying with the idea of attaching one of these... back piece to the arm plate with the front piece attached to the back of the TV for easier removal and storage.

And here's the mount:

Old 01-03-2012, 01:45 PM   #14

An update for the Crabman:

This morning, I took the mount apart to separate the backplate. Drilled holes in the slide-on plate and fastened that to the backplate. Put the other piece of the slide-on mount on the back of the TV and now I have an easily removable LCD with an articulating mount. Works like a charm.

PM me if you want further explanation or I can take some photos of it.

Old 01-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #15
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quahog View Post
An update for the Crabman:

This morning, I took the mount apart to separate the backplate. Drilled holes in the slide-on plate and fastened that to the backplate. Put the other piece of the slide-on mount on the back of the TV and now I have an easily removable LCD with an articulating mount. Works like a charm.

PM me if you want further explanation or I can take some photos of it.
I`m for sure interested in this, I just may have to PM you or get pics, it takes awhile for stuff to sink in this thick head sometimes!
Old 01-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #16

Quahog,

Would love to see the pics and curious where you got the 'quick release' for the television. I would prefer to tuck the televisions away when in transit.

Thanks!
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSLOdonat View Post
Quahog,

Would love to see the pics and curious where you got the 'quick release' for the television. I would prefer to tuck the televisions away when in transit.

Thanks!
They aren't the best pictures... but you should get the idea.

BTW, the mount is this one from Amazon ($20):

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000ID7QNI/?tag=_c-20

and the slide-in piece I got from Camping World but it was more expensive than this one which looks to me like it should work just fine:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000VKCIJU/