Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-26-2014, 04:22 PM   #11

Congrats on the purchase. The 27BH is a great model, but I may be a little biased.

nevercominhome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 01:34 PM   #12

Hey, I have a 27BH and my black water gate valve also seems to be giving issue, it leaks a little and when I take off the main drain cap gross stuff comes out. I am guessing I need a valve it does move, however doesn't seal 100%. I'm wondering if something is stuck in the groove or something. anyway, I don't see posts on that problem so you got my attention. I've been putting off dealing with it as like you say, looks like a gross messy fix.

Sounds like a great deal !! 7k is a good price. I paid a less but but mine is much smaller and had stuff missing and needed work. If that was ready to roll super deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris989 View Post
Thank you everyone for the responses,

we purchased the unit for 7k and so far I am very happy. The quality exceeds the build of our recent sold 2012 37' seneca.

My only repair as of niw has been to the black water gate valve. The factory aluminum tube design is poor, The rod had bent and would flex instead of closing the gate. 3$ repair, 2 hour mess removing the foam and coraplast.

Anyway, Super happy with the purchase and look forward to being part of the jayco forum.

Chris

Dirkdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirkdaddy View Post
Hey, I have a 27BH and my black water gate valve also seems to be giving issue, it leaks a little and when I take off the main drain cap gross stuff comes out. I am guessing I need a valve it does move, however doesn't seal 100%. I'm wondering if something is stuck in the groove or something. anyway, I don't see posts on that problem so you got my attention. I've been putting off dealing with it as like you say, looks like a gross messy fix.

Sounds like a great deal !! 7k is a good price. I paid a less but but mine is much smaller and had stuff missing and needed work. If that was ready to roll super deal.
Mine always has a little seep even with the new valve. I would not go through the headache of swapping it out unless it is more than than you can deal with. I just place the hose beneath the opening as i unscrew the cap and catch what little is in there. If the valve is overly stiff or filling the tube then i would brake down and change it out.

chris989 is offline   Reply With Quote