Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-24-2016, 01:30 PM   #1

27 DSRL Whitehawk Question

We are in the final stages of purchasing a Whitehawk DSRL. I am wondering a couple of things.....First, can anyone tell me if all interior electrical outlets are on one breaker or not? My current RV is like that and it seems for example, if you have a heater plugged in and try to run a vacuum, the breaker pops. Frustrates me.
Secondly, does anyone have the remote setup for the slideouts and exterior lights and such? Is that something that can be merely added on and what is the cost for that accessory.
Thanks
bradw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 02:06 PM   #2

I can't help with either of your specific questions as mine is in storage and I haven't owned it long enough to be more familiar with it, but I can chime in with a bit of advice before finalizing your purchase. Our 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL is awesome but I wished I had done the following differently...(#1) Get one with the ladder installed. It's a $97 factory option and worth every penny. (#2) Make sure the one you are getting has Jayco's new trailer sway control ready pack installed as standard equipment. Earlier production 2016's did not have it (mine doesn't). (#3) The skylight and shade option for the kitchen / living area is incredible. We were hesitant about getting it over concerns of leaks, breakage, etc but now having had it for a bit, we love it. It lets so much light in and really brightens up the space. (#4) Get the dealer to toss in the folding table option that fits in the slot on the driver's side pass-through for storage. It may sound silly, but it's super handy and it's hard to find an aftermarket table that fits in there. It's also pricey at like $80 or so. Might as well get it for free. Good luck in the final stages of your purchase and welcome to the Whitehawk 27DSRL family. We just toured an RV show last week and are happy to report that we did not find anything that we like better than our rig, so it is obviously the right TT for us.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:11 PM   #3

Going off memory, but I believe there are two circuits for the outlets in my trailer. One which is GFCI protected and the other isn't.

However, I am not sure if you just randomly selected a heater and vacuum in your example, but those are two high current items that could potentially exceed a trailers 30A supply -- certainly if anything else is adding to the total draw. My point is it likely wouldn't matter how many outlet circuits are run, when you exceed 30A you will trip a breaker.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 04:49 PM   #4

We love our 27DSLR. I have details of the circuits of the converter here.
StormPOD: Jayco Whitehawk 27DSLR Electrical Panel

This is an exact fit for the table if the dealer will not provide it.

LIFETIME PRODUCTS*48-in x 24-in Rectangle Steel Putty Folding Table
Item #: 183929*|* Model #: 8029

Shop LIFETIME PRODUCTS 48-in x 24-in Rectangle Steel Putty Folding Table at Lowes.com

More information on our trailer at www.stormpod.org.

I took 6 hrs to do my PDI. I provided the PDI checklist to the dealer before I scheduled the time. I required electric, water and dump as well. I got under it and on the roof. Found several small items and that the factory locks had been changed. All corrected while I completed my PDI. Took gas leak detector, electrical outlet tester and other tools.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Modifications list at https://www.stormpod.org
StormPOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #5

TYVM, appreciate the pointers and the information.
Oh, and while I'm here, I want to ask.........do you guys think that the aerodynamic front end on these campers make a significant difference going down the road. Just curious.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:03 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradw View Post
TYVM, appreciate the pointers and the information.
Oh, and while I'm here, I want to ask.........do you guys think that the aerodynamic front end on these campers make a significant difference going down the road. Just curious.
Ours goes down the road much better than our old Jay Flight, but I'm hesitant to attribute it to the aero qualities. We're towing with a different TV than we were back then and I'm pretty sure the Whitehawk axle spacing is greater. I guess than aero front end can't hurt though, right? Regardless, it's smooth sailing with our 1500 GM.

Also, thanks to Stormpod1 for chiming in with the table specs and Lowe's availability...that's good-to-know information.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,
the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,
and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.
SparkDr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #7

I have the 2015 27DSRL and am having sway control issues. Anyone know if there are issues with the tires or leaf springs. Seems light to me?
Bruce Gollop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 11:31 AM   #8

Welcome to the JOF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gollop View Post
I have the 2015 27DSRL and am having sway control issues. Anyone know if there are issues with the tires or leaf springs. Seems light to me?
As far as I know, there hasn't been anyone with sway issues related to this specific trailer.

As far as the trailer goes, be sure your tires are inflated to the maximum shown on the side of the tire. Lots of times sway can be reduced by ensuring ALL trailer (TT) and tow vehicle (TV) tires are inflated to their maximum.

Beyond that, what is your TV and what weight distribution hitch and anti-sway are you using?

Sway is most often due to hitch, TT, and TV setup issues. By addressing those issues, sway can be a non-issue.
Full timing: Some will think you're crazy, some will be envious, just enjoy the freedom!
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 03:24 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkDr View Post
I can't help with either of your specific questions as mine is in storage and I haven't owned it long enough to be more familiar with it, but I can chime in with a bit of advice before finalizing your purchase. Our 2016 Whitehawk 27DSRL is awesome but I wished I had done the following differently...(#1) Get one with the ladder installed. It's a $97 factory option and worth every penny. (#2) Make sure the one you are getting has Jayco's new trailer sway control ready pack installed as standard equipment. Earlier production 2016's did not have it (mine doesn't). (#3) The skylight and shade option for the kitchen / living area is incredible. We were hesitant about getting it over concerns of leaks, breakage, etc but now having had it for a bit, we love it. It lets so much light in and really brightens up the space. (#4) Get the dealer to toss in the folding table option that fits in the slot on the driver's side pass-through for storage. It may sound silly, but it's super handy and it's hard to find an aftermarket table that fits in there. It's also pricey at like $80 or so. Might as well get it for free. Good luck in the final stages of your purchase and welcome to the Whitehawk 27DSRL family. We just toured an RV show last week and are happy to report that we did not find anything that we like better than our rig, so it is obviously the right TT for us.
We just ordered a new White Hawk 29REKS, and I have been on the fence about getting a ladder installed, I am concerned about putting more holes in the siding and the roof, but it would also be nice to be able to get up on the roof to clean off the top of my slides before retracting... IDK what to do...
jacko147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #10

jacko147 -

My 27DSLR did not have the ladder and I like that.
I got the ladder below with the rung cover and keep the ladder in the front compartment. This ladder allows me the most ease and versatility for anything I need while out with our Whitehawk.

Xtend+Climb Model PRO SERIES780P ANSI Type IA 300 lbs
780P 12 Ft Industrial Ladder | Xtend+Climb Telescoping Ladders | Xtend+Climb Telescoping Ladders

TOP RUNG COVER
Silicone rubber top rung cover to protect walls from damage. It is available in 2 sizes to fit all Xtend+Climb® telescoping models.
Ladder Top Rung Cover, Telescoping Ladder Accessories | Xtend+Climb Telescoping Ladders | Xtend+Climb Telescoping Ladders

Old 02-25-2016, 05:35 PM   #11

Bruce -

I have no sway issues. I have no more idea then what oldmanAZ has stated.

Old 02-25-2016, 06:03 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
Welcome to the JOF.

As far as I know, there hasn't been anyone with sway issues related to this specific trailer.

As far as the trailer goes, be sure your tires are inflated to the maximum shown on the side of the tire. Lots of times sway can be reduced by ensuring ALL trailer (TT) and tow vehicle (TV) tires are inflated to their maximum.

Beyond that, what is your TV and what weight distribution hitch and anti-sway are you using?

Sway is most often due to hitch, TT, and TV setup issues. By addressing those issues, sway can be a non-issue.
I have made sure the tires of both the truck and trailer on right on for air pressure. I'm using a pro series weight distribution system with a 750 tongue weight spring bar. When the trailer was weighed the tongue weight was 750lbs. Thinking about upgrading to the 1000 lb spring bar. The other question is that my 1500 gmc is maxed out at 7100lbs. 7000 is the max GVWR. Puzzled.
Old 02-25-2016, 06:04 PM   #13

2012 gmc serria
Old 02-26-2016, 08:51 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko147 View Post
We just ordered a new White Hawk 29REKS, and I have been on the fence about getting a ladder installed, I am concerned about putting more holes in the siding and the roof, but it would also be nice to be able to get up on the roof to clean off the top of my slides before retracting... IDK what to do...
IMHO a ladder is a must for me. Factory installed. Will not look at a camper without one.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #15

Bruce... just want to run it by ya. You are more than likely up to speed on this point but just want to run it by ya, It seems as if something people overlook sometimes is having their towing "setup" correct. By this I mean having the tongue at the correct height when setting on the hitch. And then having the sway system in the correct configuration. Also, having the front of your TT too high will cause you problems a 100 times out of 100. If that is not all correct you will for sure have sway issues. I would bet that your dealer helped you with all that though. Good luck Bruce and don't let it get the best of ya.