Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-09-2018, 08:04 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
Iraqvet05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,371
28BHBE window shopping

The DW and I are headed to the dealer to look at a left over 2018 28BHBE this weekend. I'm going to see what they will offer for my 26BH and hope they will deal since I bought it from them. Like dealing with a car dealer, I hate negotiating and know they are going to try to low ball my trade. The elite packaged 28BHBE is listed at $23k and they are offering a $2k off Veteran's Day special so I thought I'd see what they will do.

Anyway, for those with a 28BHBE or similar sized TT, what WDH do you have? Looks like I'll need a 1,200-1,400 lb TW hitch. The 1,200 and 1,400 lb Equilizer hitches run about $600 while the Fastway E2 1,200 runs $335. I've had an E2 pulling the 26BH for the past 5 years with very little issues. Fastway even replaced my trunion head when a locking pawl broke off.
__________________

__________________
2018 28BHBE
2017 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2 gasser
2013 26BH (traded)
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:23 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: East Tawas
Posts: 17
I have the same trailer, just a 2017. I have had great success with the Reese Dual Cam hitch with active sway control. 1200lbs bars.
__________________

tcoilburner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 08:58 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Explorer03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Antonio
Posts: 274
We did the same thing. Moved up from the 2013 26BH to a 2017 28BHBE. We love the new trailer. I use the 1,400 lb Equal--I-zer Sway control hitch. So far I have no issues with trailer hitch combination. Have you searched RV parts stores on line, like etrailer and tweety etc.; you might be able to find it cheaper. Doesn't hurt to look
__________________
2015 F250 6.7L Lariat Crew Cab
2017 Jayco Jay flight 28BHBE
Equalizer 14K Brand WDH (2.5" Shank)
2013 Jayco Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
CMSgt USAF (Ret)
"GO BLUE". University of Michigan
Explorer03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 09:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Camper_bob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: South Texas
Posts: 4,822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
The DW and I are headed to the dealer to look at a left over 2018 28BHBE this weekend. I'm going to see what they will offer for my 26BH and hope they will deal since I bought it from them. Like dealing with a car dealer, I hate negotiating and know they are going to try to low ball my trade. The elite packaged 28BHBE is listed at $23k and they are offering a $2k off Veteran's Day special so I thought I'd see what they will do.

Anyway, for those with a 28BHBE or similar sized TT, what WDH do you have? Looks like I'll need a 1,200-1,400 lb TW hitch. The 1,200 and 1,400 lb Equilizer hitches run about $600 while the Fastway E2 1,200 runs $335. I've had an E2 pulling the 26BH for the past 5 years with very little issues. Fastway even replaced my trunion head when a locking pawl broke off.
I used to run a Blue Ox on my BHBE, LOVED it. I still have it in my garage, only used it a dozen times or so before we traded up to MH land. IIRC, you're through this area every now and again. I'd make a deal on it for you, but I can't ship it, sorry.

ETA: It's the 1400/14000
__________________

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-1997 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Toad)
-2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited (Soon to be Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:02 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Prosper
Posts: 21
I use a Blue Ox Sway Pro as well on my 2016 28BHBE. No issues and very easy to use and install.
__________________
2016 Jay Flight 28BHBE Elite.
2017 6.7 Ford F250 XLT
2015 3.5 EB F150 XLT with Max tow (Traded for Diesel F250)
Blue Ox Sway pro
LeonB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 10:46 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Utah
Posts: 476
I donít know MSRP, but you should be landing about .75 of whatever that is. Never pay more than .8 for any trailer, but an end of model year unit should be closer to 25% off.
__________________
2014 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4x4 6.4L HEMI 4.10s with antispin
2014 Jayco Jay Flight Swift 287BHBE
Equal-i-zer 90-00-1200(new 90-02-4900 shank)
2x Honda 2K
NewBlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 11:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Hood River
Posts: 151
Use 1200 Equalizer. My tongue weight is in low 1000 range. This is with full propane, food, drinks, spare tire and underbelly mount, bike rack and 2 bikes but empty water tanks. Also I enclosed the area under the front bed.

Check the aluminum frame for the shower. The bottom 2 corners were not properly sealed on ours. Shower leaked all over the floor. Solved the problem with a lot of silcone in the corners.
__________________
2017 RAM 2500 Tradesman CTD CC LB
2017 Jayco Jayflight 28BHBE
Equal-i-zer 1200# WDH
Prior 2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
jlechmanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Iraqvet05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 1,371
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewBlackDak View Post
I donít know MSRP, but you should be landing about .75 of whatever that is. Never pay more than .8 for any trailer, but an end of model year unit should be closer to 25% off.
The TT at the dealer has the 15k A/C, "zopt" (what ever that is) and the elite package. According to Jayco's website, the MSRP with those options for a 2018 is $31,927.
__________________
2018 28BHBE
2017 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2 gasser
2013 26BH (traded)
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 04:51 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Fulton, NY
Posts: 951
Our 2017 comes in at 1200 TW with full fresh water. I use a 1400/14000 ProPride hitch since I already had it from our previous 26BH/Tundra combo. Tows like a dream with not even a hint of sway or even a wiggle even when in the wash of a semi at 65-70 mph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlechmanik View Post
Check the aluminum frame for the shower. The bottom 2 corners were not properly sealed on ours. Shower leaked all over the floor. Solved the problem with a lot of silcone in the corners.
Same with ours...leaked like crazy until I added some clear silicone in the corners. I still need to add more as I get a few drops running down the side when I rinse off the glass doors.
__________________


2017 28BHBE Kitchen skylight, remote control and Aluminum wheels hitched by ProPride 3P
2017 Ram 2500 CC LB 4x4 Big Horn Cummins
LiftedAWDAstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: OKC
Posts: 377
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iraqvet05 View Post
what WDH do you have?.
I towned it with an equilizer hitch. I also towed with a proride. In my opinion the proride was better for me.

When we bought our 28BHBE I think it was back in 2014 or 15 I think we paid about $20,900 with the elite package. There is lots of mark up in those thinks.

Good luck
__________________

__________________
2016 Road Warrior 355
2015 Ram 3500 Cummins SRW 4x4 MegaCab ShortBed
2011 F150 ecoboost - Traded
2015 Jayflight 28 BHBE (sold)
2009 Jayflight 26 BH (sold)
hboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.