Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-04-2018, 08:36 PM   #1

294qbsw - How much room with slide closed?

I am due to pick up a new 294qbsw this week and my wife asked me a question, that I feel dumb not being able to answer.

With the slide closed, is it possible to still enter the trailer and make it to the bathroom?

I thought this was an obvious question until I started googling and couldnt find a single picture of the inside of the trailer with the slide closed.
jeffg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:57 PM   #2

It looks like it is, I tried searching but could not find anything either. I have found that it’s just the double slides where part of rv is blocked.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:59 PM   #3

I think you'll have to step over the dinette because when the slide is closed it might bump into the shower wall that kind of extends into the hall way, also your counter top extends over farther because of the angle of the sink. Please let us know how it goes.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:39 PM   #4

I asked the salesman for a picture of the inside with the slide closed. If I cant get to the bathroom without opening the slide, that may be an issue. There were many times this summer that one of the kids had to take a break and we could just pull over and do what needed done.

Old 11-05-2018, 07:35 PM   #5

i would climb over the dinette if I had to rather than open the slide while on the road.
I do not open my slide till my 4 stableizers are down and I'm plugged into shore power. You don't want the trailer twisted and put the slide out.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:05 AM   #6

Ever since I got my first trailer with a slide, that's one question I always asked. "Can I get to the bed, refrigerator, and bathroom when the slide is in?" If I couldn't, that floor plan would be crossed off the list of possibilities.

Of course, with my last trailer, a Jay Flight 23RB, that couldn't be a problem since it doesn't have a slide of any kind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffg View Post
I am due to pick up a new 294qbsw this week and my wife asked me a question, that I feel dumb not being able to answer.

With the slide closed, is it possible to still enter the trailer and make it to the bathroom?

I thought this was an obvious question until I started googling and couldnt find a single picture of the inside of the trailer with the slide closed.

2014 F150 SC, 4x4, HD Pkg, Sterling Gray
Atlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 11:04 AM   #7

I got the pictures today and its TIGHT! Once I figure out how to post them, I will.