Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-14-2012, 10:14 AM   #1

29BHS... hopefully

We're going in today to see if we can hammer out a deal on a new 29BHS! I think it's going to be an ideal floorplan for our family. We also really liked the 32BHDS but ultimately decided it's just going to be a bit too big at a full 5 ft longer than our current trailer. Washington has a pretty good state parks system and we'd have to miss out on a few of our favorite spots with the bigger trailer.

Hoping for the best- this might be our last chance at a 2012 or we'll have to wait until the new ones come in. I did get an RV direct quote to hopefully help out with the negotiating (and really tempting to take a road trip to pick one up).
Honda EU1000i
2006 Jayfeather 29Y - past Jayco
KachFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #2

That is the same floor plan we have. You will love it.. the L shaped kitchen makes it feel more like a little cottage than a trailer.

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #3

Is this the quad bunk model your're reffering to? ( 29QBHS ) Great trailer !!!!

Good luck and let us know how you make out.
Old 06-14-2012, 07:42 PM   #4

We have the 29bhs G2. Like Lady Wendolyn, we love the L-shaped kitchen counters. We had a tt prior to this which had NO counter space, so it turned out to be a selling point and a plus for us. We also drove back east to pick ours up. At the time, the $$ saved not picking it up in Calif actually paid for most of three week trip to go get (keep in mind we actually had the time to do this extended trip though LOL)
Denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 08:26 PM   #5

Same model that we have and we simply love the layout EXECPT the location/height of the TV. However I will be posting up a great mod to solve the issue soon.
Topher24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 10:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdembek View Post
Same model that we have and we simply love the layout EXECPT the location/height of the TV. However I will be posting up a great mod to solve the issue soon.

Agree..... for us the G2 came with the tv already mounted but when watching from the couch or far end of dinette, we have to crank our heads;pain in the neck. If we were to lower the tv though, anyone sitting on the bunk side of the dinette would have to be carefull not to bump their head, or worse yet, the tv speaker would be in their ear. If camping for a weekend this shouldn't be a problem if you are active outside of the tt, but often times we travel long distances for long periods of time.

Look forward to hearing about your mod!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:29 PM   #7

We installed our tv ourselves and purchased a swivel mount bracket which allows out tv to tilt down and swing sideways about faces the sofa. This works well and I found a tiny fold up chair that stores behind the sofa which is great to place next to the stove for movie watching...

Lady Wendolyn Jayflight 28BHS

For a tour of my glamorous, cool camper, and an "Ad a bifold door Mod: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventures.blogspot.ca

For these Mods: Master bedroom shelving in closets and countertop extension: https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...es-camper.html

For this Mod: Adding a wall light switch to the master bedroom:
https://mycoolcampingcaravanadventure...ht-switch.html
Ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladywendolyn View Post
We installed our tv ourselves and purchased a swivel mount bracket which allows out tv to tilt down and swing sideways about faces the sofa. This works well and I found a tiny fold up chair that stores behind the sofa which is great to place next to the stove for movie watching...
LadyW, not sure if you have posted any pics of the TV mount but I`m interested to see one if possible. I`ve been trying to think of a TV solution for the living room. The articulating mount I have in the bedroom only swings out, not down. The one in the living room would have to be above head level (while seated at the dinette) while not in use as healthi indicated, but be lower when viewing to avoid "giraffe neck syndrome"
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #9

Deal is looking good so far! It's actually a 29QBH (too many numbers/letters scrambled in my head from all the trailers)! We didn't get the technology package so we'll be looking for an LCD TV/bracket to use if anyone has any good setups. This trailer has the wall/shelving between the front bedroom and kitchen/dining area, so it seems like it should be easy to get something there. I'm hoping to get something that "swings out" toward the couch and still locks into place secure enough for travel.
Honda EU1000i
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM   #10

Towed her home today! We're super excited to break in Jayco #2 for many more years of camping memories!

The trailer tows really nice and I can't say I noticed much of a difference between the two trailers even though the 29QBH is around 2000 lbs heavier across the board. It looks great but huge just due to being much taller and bulkier than the 'feather. The interior seems to have a bit less storage, but the exterior has WAY more, so it should balance out!
Honda EU1000i
Old 06-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #11

Best of luck for many years with the new home away from home!
J&P RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 02:33 AM   #12

Congrats on your new trailer.. Post some pictures when you can.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:11 PM   #13

Just back from the first trip and... this thing is awesome!

The floorplan worked out great for us! My first mod was making a platform in the back for pack-and-plays (baby cribs). We have twin 1-year olds who are too little to use the bunks as they are intended. I moved the mattresses on both bottom bunks up to the top bunks and use this area for storage. I took a scrap of OSB from the garage that spans between the bottom bunks and screwed some 2x4's underneath to keep it from sliding off either side. I added 1" rails to keep the girls from shaking the beds off of the platform. The pack-n-plays fit end to end across the width of the trailer so the girls have a bit more headroom when they stand-up in the middle area. This worked out awesome and they are a bit seperate in the bunk room so they sleep better than our previous arrangements! Our 4-year old couch crashed on the J-steel and seemed to do just fine. I'm sure all three will be in the bunks before we know it!

Set-up seemed much easier and faster. The electric tounge jack is a nice option. I also just got a 3/4" chuck for my drill for the stabilizers - also a very awesome move! I finally invested in one of those sewer hose holders that hold a steady downhill in the line. The whole thing just seemed to go much faster and easier! It also helps camping somewhere level

Functionally, the trailer is flawless. Everything did what it is supposed to. The only complaints would be a lack of fit and finish. There are lots of little touch-ups, construction debris, and other things you shouldn't deal with for this kinda money. I made a nice list to bring back for the dealer when they fix a small dip in the floor (already had arrangements to fix in our purchase agreement.

So far I'm feeling good about going Jayco again and I think we nailed it on the floorplan!
Honda EU1000i
Old 06-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #14

Glad to hear the maiden voyage went well. Enjoy the new trailer. Post pics if you get a chance.

Happy Camping.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:48 PM   #15

Kachfam! Congrats! and glad to hear the maiden voyage went well!