Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2013, 04:11 AM   #1

29y Marker Light problem

Hey everyone! Long time lurker, first time poster here...

My wife and I have a 2004 29Y. Due to a couple early season non-camping trips and a job change, I'm finally able to get the camper prepped for the season. When we used it last October for our final trip of the season, the marker lights all worked fine. Of course, when I hooked up Thursday, I discovered that the bottom marker lights all work fine (side amber lights and the taillights), but the upper marker lights are all out (two amber clearance lights on the front, two red clearance and the center gang on the rear). I'm wondering if anybody knows where the two halves of the running light circuit come together? Since all the uppers are out, I strongly suspect that's where the problem is. I wish I had a schematic for this thing!

I Haven't checked for power at any of them yet as it was late Thursday and I had to be up for work Friday, but that will be one of the checks today.

Thanks in advance for the help!
gijoecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:25 AM   #2

Update: I found the connection point for the hot side in the junction box at the back of the tongue underneath the camper body. Unfortunately, it didn't do me any good. I was able to isolate the two circuits (upper lights and lower lights) and verified I'm getting power TO the upper lights, but it would appear I have a bad ground on that half of the circuit. I have absolutely no idea where that ground connection may be located. I pulled out every access I could find searching for it to no avail. If I could get access to the back of one of the lights and figure out how to run a ground, I'd just create a new ground path, but all those wires appear to be thoroughly buried in the walls with no ready access anywhere...

stumped. I'd hate to take it to a dealer, but I may have to admit defeat on this one...
Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #3

All my grounds come out of the trailer wall near the converter.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:58 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

All my grounds (165 Sport) converge on the bottom of the frame near the front of the box before the A-frame.'
Crawl underneath and look for a bunch of white wires tapped into the frame somewhere.

Doug

Cape Coral, Florida
2021 Toyota Tundra SR5, 5.7 V8
2022 Jayco 240RBS
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougtoms01 View Post
All my grounds (165 Sport) converge on the bottom of the frame near the front of the box before the A-frame.'
Crawl underneath and look for a bunch of white wires tapped into the frame somewhere.

Doug
Good to know. I'll check it out shortly.

Just thought of a possible contributing factor: I noticed the other day that the gfci in the bathroom was tripped and wouldn't reset.... I thought it was strange, but now i'm wondering if the two issues could be related?