Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-09-2017, 08:08 PM   #1

2nd Awning control not on remote? 2nd AC flow.

Just did my walk through for my '18 eagle 330RSTS TT. The second awning control from the control center works fine, BUT it was NOT showing up on the remote control? Does any one else have the 2nd awning control on this model?

Should it be? Service guy said they are not always on the remote, but I would think it should be....

Only other problem I found was air flow from the 2nd AC unit was very low from all vents compared to the main AC unit.

They are working on that one....

Thanks!
makingmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 08:49 PM   #2

I'll check mine tomorrow . Going out to the lake property to check on the cover after a wind storm. Will report back if mine is on the remote. My gut feeling is yes.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:06 PM   #3

My second awning on my 2017 is not on the remote.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #4

291rsrl 2nd awning not on my remote.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 12-01-2017, 05:42 AM   #5

2017 330RSTS My second awning is not on the remote either as well as the auto levelling. Both features were installed at the factory so I think they should be. If you look at the advertising card for the trailer it shows that they are.

Pint
Pint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 08:57 AM   #6

Jayco's reply!

Thank you for contacting Jayco Customer Service. After looking into your inquiry, it does not look as though your 2nd awning would be able to be controlled on the multi-function controller. Most likely you have the 3 slides, the main awning, Rear Jacks, and the front Jacks on that remote. The second awning wiring for this option is not even ran for it to be hooked up to the controller. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Replied to them to stop advertising this!
makingmagick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 12:00 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustysocket View Post
My second awning on my 2017 is not on the remote.
+1

Our remote has the following:

Light (main awning only)
Slide 1 (bedroom)
Slide 2 (kitchen)
Slide 3 (Table/chairs, recliners)
Awning (main one only)

Everything else is controlled from the switch itself.

We also had poor airflow thru the vents with the 2nd AC in the BR but if you open the chill grate, you got a LOT of air. Reported it to our dealer to address it while they had it for other things.

Their solution was to completely tape off the connections to the trailer duct work and told me to use the chill grate exclusively and that the 2nd AC wasn't designed to feed the entire trailer via the duct work!!! HAHAHA!!!

Anyway, once I got it home, I pulled the grate and once I removed their "tape job" that was covering the holes on each side, I saw what the REAL problem was.

First, the openings in the insulation board were woefully small, almost like someone just took their hand and punched a hole in both of them to make an opening. I trimmed the board back to match the opening from the AC unit.

Once I did that, I also noticed that there was a good 1/2 " gap between the AC unit and the trailer duct work opening and a lot of air was escaping into the roof cavity. Trimming/opening up the holes and then taping off the seams with the duct work with aluminum duct tape fixed it and now can feel air all the way in the LR from the 2nd AC.

Oh, and I also took the time to implement a mod others on this board have done where you remove the cowls from all the AC vents in the trailer and tape/seal the ceiling panels to the duct work then put just the AC vent covers back on. Made a BIG difference.

Tags
remote awning ac