Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2018, 09:37 AM   #1

3 week trip

We are thinking of doing a 3 week trip from Whitesburg,KY to Buffalo,WY. We want to travel about 500 miles a day. We are interested in things to see along the way and how to find the best places to camp. We will probably travel some around Wyoming too. Can't go that far and not visit Yellowstone. We will be traveling with 4 adults and a golden retriever. There is another couple going with us in their class C with their cat. Individuals traveling with us have the America the Beautiful passes and we would to stay at some of the locations that give a discounted rate when possible. Any suggestions/recommendations are greatly appreciated.
ggilbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #2

I just did a Google Maps search for your begin and end points, which takes you through Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, southern Minnesota and South Dakota. You're going to see a lot of farmland. Were it me, I'd find a more southern route and go through NW Nebraska and the Black Hills. Use Chadron, NE as a mid-point on your map search.

Don't laugh. We went that way when we went to Yellowstone NP a couple years ago. Had I not driven there myself, I never would have believed I was in Nebraska. It's not all cornfields up there.

Also, the Army Corps of Engineers operates several federal reservoirs in Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, South Dakota. Most have campgrounds that will honor the NPS Senior pass.

Poking at a campfire with a stick is one of life's great satisfactions.

KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote