Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #1

314BDS Question - Inline Water Filter

Hi. My new 2012 314BDS came with a "Replacement" inline water filter in the package with all the owner's manuals. I called it the "replacement" filter only because that is what it says on the label. In the manual it says that an inline filter can be used on the cold water line - and that it would be located under the sink.

I cannot tell if there is already a filter installed, or if the one in the package is the one I can choose to install. I looked high and low under the sink and cannot see a filter. The lines then go under the range and I cannot tell if there is one there.

Any ideas? Am I supposed to install the the one from the manual package inline on the cold water line under the sink???
pbohart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:14 AM   #2

The one supplied is for the first time use and you have to install it yourself if you choose to filter the water coming out of your kitchen sink. If you look under your sink there is a section of blue plastic hose with a fitting at either end, remove that section and insert the filter in it's place. Make sure you have a couple rags, there is still some water in the hose when you loosen the fittings that will come out.

Merlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #3

I decided against the supplied filter and use a filter on my city water connection instead. Getting under the sink looked to be a real PIA.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote