Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-13-2016, 01:35 PM   #1

32 BHDS Owners- Help Needed Please

I dropped our 32 off at the dealer for some warranty work, so I can't check our trailer.

I need to know how much room is between the base of the queen bed and the sliding doors. And how tall the space is. I know I have measured it once before, but can't recall exactly what the measurement is. About 15" between the base and the door somewhat rings a bell!!! Lol Never did measure the height though.

My wife said she is going to order a couple of those 31 totes to use as a dirty clothes container, 1 for each side. She wants the largest container possible to fit.

Is it wrong that I miss our trailer, even if we didn't have a trip planned???

TY!!!!

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS MODS Reese DC HP

WDH SET UP. HOW A WDH WORKS. CAT SCALE HOW TO.
need-a-vacation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 03:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post
I dropped our 32 off at the dealer for some warranty work, so I can't check our trailer.

I need to know how much room is between the base of the queen bed and the sliding doors. And how tall the space is. I know I have measured it once before, but can't recall exactly what the measurement is. About 15" between the base and the door somewhat rings a bell!!! Lol Never did measure the height though.

My wife said she is going to order a couple of those 31 totes to use as a dirty clothes container, 1 for each side. She wants the largest container possible to fit.

TY!!!!
I can measure tomorrow. Are you saying you want to put those bins at the base of the bed by the door? I think that is what you are looking at. Just to make sure, you know there is a heater vent right there? I would make sure you don't have one there when you turn on the heat. It would melt quickly I bet. If no one measure by tomorrow, I will post back the number.

2014 Jayco Jay Flight 32 BHDS
2015 Ford F-250 Lariat 6.7L Powerstroke 4x4
nunyadamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 06:30 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by need-a-vacation View Post

TY!!!!

Yes, it's wrong that you miss your trailer. [emoji1]

My wife has a "31" tote, I'll check it in the morning, and post pics.

Craig Bailey
New England
2007 Chevy 2500HD crew
2015 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 08:51 PM   #4

Nun,

Yes, by the register vent at the base of the queen bed. The 31 totes are actually a fabric, not plastic. But chances are the register would be closed anyway as my wife gets hot very easy, and would run the a/c even if it's 50* outside.... TY for the heads up in case I hadn't thought of it.

As I mentioned, I have measured it front to rear (base to door), but can't recall what it is. I do know that the clothes baskets we have wouldn't fit. We are just trying to figure out something somewhat simple for the dirty clothes.

Craig & Nun,

TY for measuring when it is convenient.

May as well ask, where and how do you guys stash the dirty laundry in your 32's??? I built shelves in the hall and bedroom wardrobes, so that's not an option. And going into the bunkroom is an adventure in itself with boys! Lol

Craig,

TY for the support of missing our trailer! Lol We wouldn't even be going anywhere this coming w/e either even if it was home. From the way it looks right now at the earliest it may be Labor Day W/E before we can get back out, if the trailer is done.

Speaking of that, need to call on some reservations just in case we can go.

TY again!!!

Old 08-15-2016, 09:22 PM   #5

Need:

Sorry it took so long, but I finally got those measurements.

Between the end of the bed and The sliding doors: 16". From floor to bottom of bed plywood: 18"
Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM   #6

The dirty laundry is a serious bone of contention... We don't have a good system, and many "discussions" have been had between me and wifey. Wife claims camping should override laundry operations. Seems somehow Dad always loses when mom and two daughters gang up on me.

im putting in shelves in the coat closet too, for linens.ive been dragging my feet on heavy carpentry jobs... I need to reinforce the queen bed as well. My trouble is, we are out camping in it just about every other weekend, some back to back weekends too.
Old 08-16-2016, 04:34 AM   #7

We have a 32 BHDS. For dirty laundry we use a retangular trash can (think kitchen trash can) with a pillowcase in it. Fits at the bottom of the bed perfectly. At the end of camping outing we just pull the pillowcase out and it goes home. There is a mesh pop-up hamper in the bunkroom for the grandkids' laundry.
Seasonal campers - no towing
BeenCamping40+Years is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 05:46 AM   #8

Craig,

TY!!! I will pass the info along to the better half so she can order as large if a tote without being to big as possible.

I know I still need to pull out the rods in the wardrobes. Didn't want to do that until I knew the shelves were good to go, and kind of forgot about them!!! Lol

One thing I wish I would have done different is to consider using some cedar for the shelving. Didn't even think about it until after they were installed.

Check to see how I put the shelves in. I didn't screw/nail anything into the trailer wood at all, just the shelving into itself. So far it's holding up. And the hall wardrobe has a fair amount in it, including a vacuum the brake down!

Been,

Not a bad idea with the trash can for clothes!!! Using the pillow case is a good idea also. I have seen pillow case used before. Can't recall what it was, by saw a picture of one that had a hoop in it to keep it open. Maybe one of those sewing circle "things" that clamp the fabric (name escapes me at the moment!!! Lol)???

I know we have tried the pop up style ones (garbage also) and they just seem to be to flimsy.

With the 31 totes we can just carry those in the house like you do the pillow case. Then when the trailer laundry is clean, pack it in the totes, and also pack clothes in them to carry of to the trailer. Hard part is we don't keep the trailer at our house unless doing back to back w/e trips.

It seems if we need to venture into the bunk room it is an adventure in itself with twin 13yr old boys!!! They do decent keeping it somewhat clean, but it gets cluttered. They do know it has to be clean when it's time to leave or else.

TY again!!!