Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #1

32BHDS back up camera power

Hi all, I don't seem to have any power at the backup camera position no matter what I do. I bought a furrion backup cam and am trying to do the "simple" installation, but I have no power at the 3.5mm connector I have tried both with the lights on and off. I have dug the cables out to expose where they are spliced into the trailer and tested them with a meter and no voltage. the red wire (+) is connected to an orange wire that terminates at the cam. The black wire (-) is connected to a splice connector that goes to the left most top marker light. The wires were sandwiched between the outer shell and a wooden stud and I had to remove the long screw that hold in the cam casing to get them loose and accessible. Hopefully something wasn't crushed that I can't see or get to.

Is there a separate fuse for this circuit? does anyone know where the orange wire connects at the other end so I can check to make sure the wire is stil in one piece. Any help is appreciated.
tr6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:08 PM   #2

Experienced similar issue when first installing same unit on prewired White Hawk. Finally discovered that lights on truck had to be set to on versus auto, problem solved. Sounds like you've already tried with vehicle lights on, however. Good luck.
Thermalfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 05:53 PM   #3

32BHDS back up camera power

Thanks for the reply. I ended up just not using the original Orange cable and spliced into one of the lights above the cam. It appears to be working fine now.
tr6driver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
backup camera power