Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-01-2015, 12:18 PM   #21

Having the same problem .. jayco just replaced my first door now the door they just installed i think keeps more water out when its open .. flooded camper to the point it filled up my heater vents in the floor they are working on it but about to do 6 days at fort wilderness and going to rain the whole time ...

thanks for any help
Grim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 04:37 AM   #22

Hi grim, what year unit for you have? And you say the back kitchen leaks when closed? Or open? I close the kitchen down at night and if it looks like rain. How can there be so much rain water coming in that the heater vents fill with water?
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:02 AM   #23

It's brand new it leaks when its closed. They just replaced the door because of it leaking and this one is worse. All the cabinets are swelling now so all of that has to be changed out
Old 09-02-2015, 07:26 AM   #24

Yikes. I've been down this road - sorta - before with previous TT I've owned. The problem with water, is that it is clear, sneaky, and is lazy. Clear you can't see where it got to. Sneaky... It will make its way to places you'd never expect. Lazy, it takes the path of least resistance.

I am so sorry u are experiencing this. Please pull up carpet, open the bottoms of the cabinetry in the bunkhouse, and pull the enclosed belly covering.

When someone says their heat vents filled with water, that is a HUGE PROBLEM TO FIX RIGHT NOW. Do not let it sit for a month in the dealer lot, because mold and rot will set in, in a matter of days in the high temperatures of seotember
2018 Chevy 3500HD Crew 4x4 Duramax
ctbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:39 AM   #25

Yeah I'm already on it. I have it set up airing out the past few days, told the dealer I can protect it here at my house better than on his lot in the corner. I have taped the door closed to stop anymore water penetration when I shut it up.

I have a tech coming out to the campground to look at it Friday and also replace a lp regulator on the camper that's defective..

Anything new has problems to work out, the dealer has been helpful all I can ask for really
Old 09-02-2015, 01:54 PM   #26

I have the same issue. Took it to dealer and they said it was leaking around the exterior of the latches. Caulked the latched and that was all. It still does it, don't know how to solve it. Trailer is now out of warrenty.

2013 Jayco Flight 32TSBH
:USA::USA:
Proud Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:56 PM   #27

I taped the hinge see if it stops it.. the slam latches on the replacement door are a new kind than my old ones .. i will work on it this weekend with a tech see if we can find the penetration point
Old 10-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #28

They are replacing the door again and all the cabinets in the outdoor kitchen
Old 10-30-2015, 05:12 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grim View Post
They are replacing the door again and all the cabinets in the outdoor kitchen
My 32BHDS had this problem as well. The dealer corrected the issue by sealing the openings in the top hinge and sealing the joint between the fiberglass door and aluminum trim the goes around the outside edge of the door itself. We live in Portland OR, dealers seen to be decent at locating water sources.
mraplx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 01:02 PM   #30

The tech who installed the first replacement door did a crappy job and damaged the door making it leak worse. Yes the leak was where the fiberglass door panel meets the aluminum frame of the door. My first door leaked at the slam latches, so far they are fixing the problems or trying to