Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 04:43 AM   #1

32bhds questions

I am still thinking about buying a 32bhds trailer and see thst some changes were made for 2013. I have only seen these changes in pictures so far. I have noticed that the backsplash behind the sink appears to be mosaic tile or is it wallpaper ?

Also for those that have small kids do you use anything on the upper bunks to make sure they don`t roll off the bed ? If so what ? Thanks
turbo-power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #2

Some very nice changes to the 2013...the backsplash is a different design (yes, just wall paper), the wall paper in the slideouts is darker, the entertainment center is much, much nicer (the tv swivels into the bedroom), dark tinted windows, the power tongue jack is black in color (not a big deal but at least it won't wade as a white one will). It's a great TT for a family (I have 3 kids aged 9, 6 and 5). As far as the top bunks go, my oldest sleeps on the bunk that is above the outdoor kitchen/storage area and the other 2 sleep on the bottom "J Cube" foldout. I have heard of others getting the bed rails that slip in under the mattress (Walmart, I believe).

I promise you won't be disappointed if you choose a 32BHDS!
ajb1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajb1205 View Post
Some very nice changes to the 2013...the backsplash is a different design (yes, just wall paper), the wall paper in the slideouts is darker, the entertainment center is much, much nicer (the tv swivels into the bedroom), dark tinted windows, the power tongue jack is black in color (not a big deal but at least it won't wade as a white one will). It's a great TT for a family (I have 3 kids aged 9, 6 and 5). As far as the top bunks go, my oldest sleeps on the bunk that is above the outdoor kitchen/storage area and the other 2 sleep on the bottom "J Cube" foldout. I have heard of others getting the bed rails that slip in under the mattress (Walmart, I believe).

I promise you won't be disappointed if you choose a 32BHDS!

Thanks for the reply. Sounds good. What do you tow with ? Do you have anyt issues with sway or any other towing problems?
Old 08-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #4

I have the 2012. It is a great family trailer. We enjoy the outdoor kitchen (a Margaritaville Margarita Maker on the counter) makes it a great outdoor party spot. I would like to change the faucet to a higher faucet to get pitchers under.

Although my youngest are 11 and 13, we have the plastic bed rails that slip in under the mattress. The oldest sleep on the J-cube. I really like the J-cube because there have been times where we had four smaller kids sleep on it, and one each in the bunk.

We towed it last year with a 2500 Yukon XL with the 8.1 engine. This year is a 2500 Silverado CC.

Dad of Four Girls
2011 Silverado CC 2500HD
2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Dadof4Girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 10:30 AM   #5

I tow mine with a chev 2500 duramax. It is parked at a lake on a seasonal site...one trip up, one trip home. It towed fine but you definitely know it's back there!
Old 08-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof4Girls View Post
I have the 2012. It is a great family trailer. We enjoy the outdoor kitchen (a Margaritaville Margarita Maker on the counter) makes it a great outdoor party spot. I would like to change the faucet to a higher faucet to get pitchers under.

Although my youngest are 11 and 13, we have the plastic bed rails that slip in under the mattress. The oldest sleep on the J-cube. I really like the J-cube because there have been times where we had four smaller kids sleep on it, and one each in the bunk.

We towed it last year with a 2500 Yukon XL with the 8.1 engine. This year is a 2500 Silverado CC.

Thanks for the reply . How did your Yukon XL handle the trailer ? We have a yukon xl 1500 and like the vehicle but I know it definitely would not handle that heavy of trailer but might consider upgrading if yours seem to handle it ok. I also have F250 CC diesel that can tow it but just don`t have the passenger room that is sometimes needed. Thanks
Old 08-01-2012, 11:07 PM   #7

I tow my 32BHDS with an Excursion. Went to Florida from NY and had a real nice tow experience with my Reese dual cam.
usmc616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 09:28 AM   #8

We also have a 2012 32bhds and LOVE it and the outdoor kitchen! Love the Margarita maker idea! The kids would love that w/o the alcohol, of course! We pull ours with a 2008 Ford F250 4x4 crew cab long bed and it does very well.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:50 AM   #9

You will want a 3/4 ton to pull the trailer as it is a beast.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #10

It is amazing the "slushes" that can be made with the margarita maker. The Margaritaville maker is super. The ice shaving is fantastic, leaving no larger ice chunks. We have made a variety of flavors.

Dad of Four Girls
2011 Silverado CC 2500HD
2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Old 08-02-2012, 01:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-power View Post
I am still thinking about buying a 32bhds trailer and see thst some changes were made for 2013. I have only seen these changes in pictures so far. I have noticed that the backsplash behind the sink appears to be mosaic tile or is it wallpaper ?

Also for those that have small kids do you use anything on the upper bunks to make sure they don`t roll off the bed ? If so what ? Thanks
I have the same layout (314BDS) and have 3 young ones. The back bunk room is awesome. We went with the trundle bed option. We use adjustable mesh sides that would be put on a toddler bed in the house (any target, walmart, etc) and it works well.

I pull mine with a Escalade ESV (with a Husky Equalizer distribution weight system) and have no issues at all. Most of my travel is flat land though.

I hope this helps.
Old 08-02-2012, 01:38 PM   #12

Have you seen the battery powered margaritaville machine? It was at a party i recently attended and is awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville...margaritaville

2013 White Hawk 28 DSBH
2011 Jay Feather X23J (traded-in)
2011 Ford F-150 XLT w/towing package
RoadMaster Active Suspension
Reese Trunnion Bar WDH w/Dual Cam sway control
jdorant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 02:28 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadof4Girls View Post
It is amazing the "slushes" that can be made with the margarita maker. The Margaritaville maker is super. The ice shaving is fantastic, leaving no larger ice chunks. We have made a variety of flavors.
Awww, darn it, my birthday isn't until December! Seriously, I would love one of these. I've seen one in action and it did an amazing job. Much better than my KitchenAid blender.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:03 PM   #14

Turbo-power, we have a 2011 31.5 FBHS the first weekend we took it out I woke up to a thud about 4 in the morn, got up walked around did not find anything went back to sleep. Next day was talking to my two boys and and their buddy turns out my oldest sons friend, was the THUMP in the night no bumps no lumps all was good. But I did consider what if, and I figured if it happened to anyone it would be my 9 year old, not one of the 14 year olds :hihi:
Enjoy
Old 08-03-2012, 06:10 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdorant View Post
Have you seen the battery powered margaritaville machine? It was at a party i recently attended and is awesome!

http://www.amazon.com/Margaritaville...margaritaville
They had this available at Sams last year for $199 when I was shopping. I was worried that the battery would die over time, and be costly to replace. That is why I went with the electric.

I have a small generator if we do go somewhere and need to make some frozen drinks!

Dad of Four Girls
2011 Silverado CC 2500HD
2011 Jayflight G2 32BHDS
Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjwills View Post
I have the same layout (314BDS) and have 3 young ones. The back bunk room is awesome. We went with the trundle bed option. We use adjustable mesh sides that would be put on a toddler bed in the house (any target, walmart, etc) and it works well.

I pull mine with a Escalade ESV (with a Husky Equalizer distribution weight system) and have no issues at all. Most of my travel is flat land though.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the info. On your Escalade what is your hitch rating and do you have the 6.0 or the 6.2 engine ?

I have a 2008 Yukon XL but the tongue wt max cap is 1000 lbs and I don`t think the 5.3 eng. would be up for that much wt.

We may upgrade to a 3/4 ton yukon xl or suburban . Also we have a F250 CC diesel that would tow fine.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:20 PM   #17

The 32 BHDS is a great layout. We were very happy with ours until it was stolen from the storage yeard earlier this spring. Ended up buying a 32 TSBH as a replacement because with 6 kids we wanted the bigger rear BH.
Old 08-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #18

Anybody know what the hitchball ride height is when the trailer is on level ground ?
Old 08-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #19

try putting a swim noodle under the fitted sheet on the bunk. Should stop the thumps in the night. hope that helps. We have a 32bhds and love the layout . the outdoor kitchen is great. I tow with a dodge 3500 dually.
frameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 02:05 PM   #20

Just checking again to see if anyone knows what there hitchball height is when the trailer is hitched up on level ground ?