Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 02-27-2015, 10:39 AM   #21
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by lammerz View Post
Im going to buy this model as well. The ONLY downsides I can see is: no window on the "doors" side, a curtain (as opposed to a real door) between kids bunk area and kitchen area, and so-so cabinet space. I love the island, the kitchen layout, the double doors, the exterior kitchen, and the bunk area is amazing. Perfect for kids. I plan on parking the trailer at an annual use campsite and just leaving it there year round.
I'm doing the same thing, I couldn't find any model that I liked better!
__________________

fourshermans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 6
32ibts

Hi we are looking into purchasing this model as well. The downside for me is the storage in the bunk room. I am hoping they can install some shelves and cupboard doors where the tv is suppose to go. Three kids, I need a place to put the clothes away that doesn't involve bending (bad back). Then the kids could use the storage under the dinette for their toys, etc.
Disappointed by the lack of window in the kitchen as well, on the door side.
__________________

CampingMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:57 PM   #23
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: queen creek
Posts: 37
We are about to order the 2016 in fiberglass. Would be great to hear your thoughts since you got yours.
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:11 PM   #24
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
We are about to order the 2016 in fiberglass. Would be great to hear your thoughts since you got yours.
Nice, do you have any information about what has changed with the 2016 jay flights? This is an awesome floor plan and my family is interested possibly buying one. It's a little longer than I'd like but it is a perfect layout.

Keep us posted on your experience!
Stovepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #25
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 298
So far we've only spent about 4 nights in it but we're planning on taking it out again this weekend.

The layout worked great. We ordered it with the free standing table in the kitchen and the regular table/chairs in the bunk area which made it great when we had visitors and it rained half our trip.

The cabinets on each end of the island hold way more groceries than I thought it would.

It's a long and heavy trailer for sure but we like the layout. As mentioned before my only real complaint is no window in the kitchen.

We have a '14 Ram 2500 diesel... I can't imagine pulling it with less but a gas engine might work if you don't go far or stay in the flat land.
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:04 PM   #26
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: queen creek
Posts: 37
We will be doing the same. Keeping it in an RV resort they pull it in and out of storage for us.
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 04:07 PM   #27
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: queen creek
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stovepipe View Post
Nice, do you have any information about what has changed with the 2016 jay flights? This is an awesome floor plan and my family is interested possibly buying one. It's a little longer than I'd like but it is a perfect layout.

Keep us posted on your experience!
I hope to get the information from out dealer today. Love this floor plan as we have six grandkids!
wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:15 AM   #28
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Knoxville
Posts: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by drk98 View Post
So far we've only spent about 4 nights in it but we're planning on taking it out again this weekend.

The layout worked great. We ordered it with the free standing table in the kitchen and the regular table/chairs in the bunk area which made it great when we had visitors and it rained half our trip.

The cabinets on each end of the island hold way more groceries than I thought it would.

It's a long and heavy trailer for sure but we like the layout. As mentioned before my only real complaint is no window in the kitchen.

We have a '14 Ram 2500 diesel... I can't imagine pulling it with less but a gas engine might work if you don't go far or stay in the flat land.
Glad to hear you are enjoying the unit! My plan, if I buy this one, is to pull it with a Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi. I'm sure it would be loud, but could probably manage east TN hills fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwillie View Post
I hope to get the information from out dealer today. Love this floor plan as we have six grandkids!
I can't think of a better layout for 6 kids! Keep us updated on your findings please.
Stovepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 09:37 AM   #29
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Dallas
Posts: 298
I think power wise you'd be okay with 6.4. My fear with a gas engine and a 36' trailer was getting into gas stations. At least with the diesel I just hit up the truck stops and have plenty of room.
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #30
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: queen creek
Posts: 37
We ordered ours last night!!! Can't wait to see it since there are no pictures of the new interior decor changes. Love that it has remotes for the slide outs and awning now.
__________________

wildwillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Virginia State Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.