Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Iamdrdream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wsw View Post
Heading out in the morning to self quarantine somewhere not here.

Turned heat on. Bmpro. Heat came on. Blowing from floor. Not one sound from the ceiling.

Went from 42 degrees to 65 degrees. Not one noise from the ceiling.

Connected to power? If not, the ac fan will it come on. That's what I'm learning.
Iamdrdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:53 PM   #22

Same here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtnations View Post
I have a new 2021 Jayfeather 25RB and for the first time I turned the heat on last weekend. When I turn heat on the AC unit turns on and blows as well. The heat does work and comes out of vents just fine but the AC blows as well. I thought this was very odd and didn't seem right to me.

I'm a first time owner of a travel trailer and still learning about all facets of how they work. Has this happened to anyone else? I ended up turning the breaker off to AC and heat kept working fine but I shouldn't have to do that right?

Thank You,

Dan
Following, just took our 2021 White Hawk out last week and we had the same issue, also BMPRO only options for fan settings are low and high.
JGarcia818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #23

Quote:
I have a new 2021 Jayfeather 25RB and for the first time I turned the heat on last weekend. When I turn heat on the AC unit turns on and blows as well. The heat does work and comes out of vents just fine but the AC blows as well. I thought this was very odd and didn't seem right to me.

I'm a first time owner of a travel trailer and still learning about all facets of how they work. Has this happened to anyone else? I ended up turning the breaker off to AC and heat kept working fine but I shouldn't have to do that right?

Thank You,

Dan
We have a new 2021 Jayco EAGLE HT 28.5rsts . We have the same issue. A/C comes on with heat, no option for AUTO on the Jaycommand... only HEAT, LOW and HIGH AC.

Appt with dealer is on 11/9, so I'll chime back in with what they say. We also had our Jaycommand screen blank out so Idk if it is related to that or not.
Summbercamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2020, 07:24 PM   #24

We just took delivery of our new 2021 whitehawk 26rk and we have the same issue. I called the dealer and really didn’t get anywhere, may drag it back to them for a better demo then I got yesterday. I did read reviews online of the phone app (which isn’t working)where it said something about it helps circulate the air and they are working on an update. I’d go back to my old thermostat in a minute if I could.
JandS85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 10:28 PM   #25

We have a new Forest River trailer for summer use and have the same problem of the AC blower running constantly when the furnace is on. I solve the problem by removing the fuse for the AC blower.

Thankfully our Jayco doesn't work that way. Heat is heat and AC is AC.
Life in the slow lane is still life.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 02:59 PM   #26

I have a 2020 387RDFS, and the only time heat comes out of the a/c vents is when the heat pump is selected. Otherwise the heat comes out of the floor registers.

K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 07:59 PM   #27

AC Fan comes on when furnace is on

I recently purchased a Northpoint 382FLRB. I found out from a Jayco factory rep that the BMPRO is programmed to turn on the fan function of the AC unit when the furnace is activated. The theory is distribute the heat more evenly by spreading through the AC ductwork. Im not sure what units it applies to but there is an available update to the BMPRO that will allow you turn the fan in the AC unit off when the furnace is activated. This update was developed due to several customer complaints.
SteveC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 09:00 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I recently purchased a Northpoint 382FLRB. I found out from a Jayco factory rep that the BMPRO is programmed to turn on the fan function of the AC unit when the furnace is activated. The theory is distribute the heat more evenly by spreading through the AC ductwork. Im not sure what units it applies to but there is an available update to the BMPRO that will allow you turn the fan in the AC unit off when the furnace is activated. This update was developed due to several customer complaints.
I was told the same by local dealer as well. However at the time he wasn't aware of an update to give the option of turning off ac fan. Look forward to confirming that in March.
tlhagood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 12:24 PM   #29

I received this from BMPro on 1/18/21: "The update is coming in a couple of weeks' time with the AC fan." For now I just flip the AC breaker off.
Old 01-28-2021, 12:59 PM   #30

Set the fan switch to auto. Low or high will cause the ac to run.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Set the fan switch to auto. Low or high will cause the ac to run.
They don't have that option.
crockettlarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:21 PM   #32

I have the same issue. Also cant turn the fan off either
TMTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 12:36 PM   #33

Does that mean when you turn on A/C the furnace fan will run ?
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 10:06 PM   #34

We just bought a Eagle 25.5REOK last week and have noticed the same issue. We had to turn the breaker off. Has anyone been able to get the update?
Eileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:01 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eileen View Post
We just bought a Eagle 25.5REOK last week and have noticed the same issue. We had to turn the breaker off. Has anyone been able to get the update?
you probably have a Heat Pump. The A/C provides heat because of a reversing valve when in heat mode until the outside temp gets below 32 degrees. Then you must use the furnace.

2011 Keystone Sprinter 323 BH
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 07:04 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
you probably have a Heat Pump. The A/C provides heat because of a reversing valve when in heat mode until the outside temp gets below 32 degrees. Then you must use the furnace.
Apparently programmed that way. See post #27
Old 02-28-2021, 06:57 PM   #37

I just picked up a jay flight 2021 and I have reset the furnace twice but it’s still not staying on ... it’s so frustrating. Any other advise?
Deleon1233! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 10:00 PM   #38

Quote:

Thank You,

Dan
I had this same thing happen on my 27RB. My AC/Temp/Fan control on the wall had the fan turned on which blows out the AC vents. I turned the Fan selection to off and then the furnace and AC worked as expected. Hope this helps you
B
BeGin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 10:55 AM   #39

Been there before. Put the Thermostat fan switch on Auto.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 01:00 AM   #40

I’m sitting here in my 2021 white hawk being woken up constantly by the AC fan being turned on and off with the furnace. So annoying!

I just flipped the breaker for the AC and that seems to have done the trick.
Campingfamco is offline   Reply With Quote