Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-02-2021, 08:01 AM   #1

A/C clicking with furnace running

Hi all,

Out camping for the first weekend of the season and using the heat for the first time for longer than a few minutes and running into an issue.

I have it set to fan speed auto and on the furnace setting but before and after the heat runs there's a very loud (and very annoying) clicking coming from the a/c.

I don't know much about how a furnace works but I can't imagine this is normal. It sounds like a relay going on and off.

Camper is a 2020 264bh. Is there a different settings that I can use to eliminate the clicking? Or is this a repair type problem? Any ideas would be appreciated
Super Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:03 AM   #2
CAG

If you google that problem you will find a number of threads on it as well as the info that it is a relay in the A/C vent that goes bad and does that. If it is still under warranty take it in. Mine did that for years, I bought the repair part and it never went out but it can go and leave you with no heat.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:05 AM   #3
CAG

Just one of many.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/f...d/26091590.cfm

Old 04-02-2021, 09:18 AM   #4

Thanks. Is the relay easy to fix? Instead of waiting 3 months for a service appointment? Would it have any impact on the air conditioning working?
Super Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:18 AM   #5
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Guest View Post
Thanks. Is the relay easy to fix? Instead of waiting 3 months for a service appointment? Would it have any impact on the air conditioning working?

It never did on mine. I did read a few posts that said that the furnace stopped working in time. Generally I would hear the click when using the furnace. It would go through a series of 2 to 6 clicks and then light. I did not hear it much if any with the air. I sold it just prior to buying this one and this one is a different system.

Old 04-04-2021, 09:08 AM   #6
CAG

Someone else asked about this problem and I posted this part on their thread. I did find the part that I ordered and never used. It came with the new thermostat.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3039.jpg   IMG_3038.jpg  

Old 04-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #7

Also check that your thermostat temperature differential is set at 2 degrees, not 1. The user manual has instructions on how to do this. At least on my new Jayco, putting it at 1 degrees caused the AC to continuously click when the furnace went on. Putting it back to 2 degree differential fixed it.
bamorris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 06:11 AM   #8

Our 2020 Jay Feather did that when purchased, the dealer has a campground and lets you stay overnight as long as needed in case there are any issues. Ours did that ended up being the "communication" cable was not plugged in tights.
Jolvi is offline   Reply With Quote