Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2019, 06:42 PM   #21

Finally found it!

https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Eas...iABEgL9vPD_BwE
Route 66 Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2019, 07:49 PM   #22

I went to their website and NOTHING WORKS!
Says Under Construction.

(http://applianceandair.com/)

Wonder what happens if I try to buy something and it don't work? Will they disappear?

2012 Ford Expedition EL
2016 28BHBE, Elite and Thermal Packages.
Equal-i-zer 4-point Sway Control, Southwire 34930 Surge Guard 30A, Tire Minder TPMS A1A
(2) Yamaha EF2000iS Generators, Micro-Air EasyStart™ 364 (3-ton) Soft Start, Garmin RV 890, GoodYear Endurance ST225/75-15 Load Range E
RAurand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:37 PM   #23

They are on the Bonanza web site I had googled soft start for TV's and they were one of the ones that came up. I just couldn't afford to spend too much that is why I purchased the one from appliance and air at the bonanza web site.
turbo130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 02:39 PM   #24

I hate spell check I meant to say a/c's.
Old 06-29-2019, 06:08 PM   #25

Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo130 View Post
It is a easy start from Appliance and Air it was $98.95 plus $9.60 shipping for a grand total of $108.55. Oh their address is 580 Spring Hill Road Mauk Georgia 31058, You can email them at walter@applianceandair.com.
I looked up that address and was directed to a website that's under construction. https://www.applianceandair.com/
That said, is anyone really willing to buy a cheaper soft start for their RV from some unknown company? What about warranty? You can do a quick domain name search to see when it was registered. https://www.whois.com/whois/applianceandair.com
Looks like this domain has been around since 2002 and they're still under construction? What does that say to you as a customer?

I opted for a MicroAir Easy Start. https://www.microair.net/
Yeah they're $300 a pop but they've got an AWESOME reputation and they're top of the line. Matter of fact, I got two of them on my 5th wheel right now. Great to have when you want to run BOTH 15K AC's off a 30A circuit. When I'm dry camping or on the road, they'll work fine with my Honda 2200's as well.
Old 06-29-2019, 07:42 PM   #26

Good Lord, folks, its a $25 capacitor
dannyabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 07:52 PM   #27

I purchased mine on Ebay from bonanza which states that if you have any problem with the seller you can contact them to resolve any problem.
Old 06-29-2019, 09:22 PM   #28
dee

I looked at this a while ago, and this is my understanding.It separates the start of the compressor and fan so you don’t get both starting at the same time. So it can lower startup current . Microair does this and some other ramping algorithms to get the conoesssor started. Neither one of these are start capictors.
Old 07-06-2019, 12:41 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyabear View Post
Good Lord, folks, its a $25 capacitor

dannyabear - Check out the youtube video that explains what it is.
https://youtu.be/soP0uZFd0nQ

"Easy soft is a soft starter. It is not a hard start kit. It's not a start capacitor. Although it uses one, it's a sophisticated micro processor controlled device that slowly ramps the current to start the device. "

How many threads has everyone read already that talks about "how much generator do I need to run ___?" It always comes down to the air conditioner. I've personally installed a Micro Air and started and run a single 15K AC on a single Honda 2200 portable generator with no problem. I ran the generators together and ran both 15K AC units on my 5th wheel. I wasn't able to do that before, so I'm inclined to believe the company. Besides, the video shows the company install, test and show their work. And the results show lower current/draw when the AC starts.

Hey - that's just my point of view. Nobody has to believe a word I'm saying. But facts are facts and when it does what it does using my own equipment - I'm sold! I'm recommending the Micro Air to everyone I talk to. Kina like my Andersen Ultimate Hitch - that thing is AWESOME! LOL
Old 07-06-2019, 01:44 PM   #30

Thanks for the info. I’m about to get one of these and I’m going with the Honda 2200 as that is a 121cc engine vs the 80cc engines of other generators claiming same output, so in my opinion is worth the extra money.
Good to know that the soft starts do what they’re meant to though!
Kiwimg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:42 PM   #31

I spent the bux and bought the Easy Start. It was easy to install, easy to setup and works like a champ. My little Honda generator starts up my Coleman's Advent 13.5 easily without any strain at all.

I never have had a problem spending good money on a proven product that works and has a gazillion positive comments.

And no, it's not a starting capacitor. You can tell by the way it starts the AC unit.
videoarizona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:05 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBrother View Post
They mention the 5 starts in the instruction video, thought it was in the written as well. Anyway, the first five starts the computer is learning and optimizing itself for your specific A/C. MicroAir recommends this be done on utility power, not a generator. If you need to start the process from scratch there's a jumper and a process to reset the unit, but if you have only started it once you have 4 more to go and I wouldn't worry about it too much. I would do the next 4 starts on utility power so the unit correctly optimizes itself and works as well as it possibly can. The reset is mostly for moving your Soft Start to a new camper with a different A/C unit.
go to you tube for step by step instructions
cfarrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 06:08 PM   #33

I installed one on my main unit and it's been great! This is the video that helped me with the install:

Good luck!
Old 07-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #34

Purchased a 3200(2900 running) from Etrailer for 600 & some change. Love it 1.8 gal tank, 30A RV outlet + 2 120V outlets and a 12V as well. 85 lbs. Very quiet, powers my 13.5 AC without breaking a sweat. I run non-ethanol gas and use full synthetic oil.
joe w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2019, 07:00 PM   #35

You can also save a little money on the easy start by buying just the board ($196) and cap. Stick it in a box and wire it in. It's what I did and my Honda 2000 easily starts my 15k Coleman on idle setting.