Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-30-2010, 11:06 PM   #1

A couple questions on eagle 320rlds

Our trailer is on order and in anticipation of its arrival I looked for some info in Jayco's brochure that was downloaded from their site. I've written Jayco with a few questions but would like to get opinions here. How wide is this unit? I'm thinking 102 inches but cannot find it in specs. Nor is it clear what the insulation R values are in the floor, walls and ceiling. Finally, the brochure shows that a water heater bypass system is not standard on the tt, yet it's shown as a standard feature elsewhere. I have to believe they wouldn't send it out without one, unless it's part of the water system winterization kit. Could someone please explain what that consists of. Thanks. This is a great site. I still consider myself a novice since we've only trailered for two seasons, and in Colorado's high country, the season is too short.
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #2
Site Team

The water heater bypass is just a few valves and a couple pieces of extra plumbing. By turning the valves during winterizing you can avoid sending antifreeze into the water heater. You simply drain the water heater from a plug on the outside. The other part of the winterization kit is a valve and hose on the water pump that allows you to insert the hose into a jug of antifreeze and pump it into the plumbing without dumping any in the fresh water tank. Saves on time, saves on antifreeze. I would bet my bottom dollar your Eagle will have the complete system since the Jayflight line does. I can`t help you with the width of the unit. Congrats on the order and have fun waiting for it!
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 02:43 PM   #3

The width is only 96" not 102"
Old 12-06-2010, 08:58 PM   #4

Thanks. I wrote Jayco on the insulation and they got right back to me. Archived the answer, but from memory it's now R9 floor, R7 walls and R22 ceiling. Sorry, I wasn't clear on the bypass question. I've used the bypass on my toy hauler. I've seen Jayco list it as both standard and optional. Agreed, I'll bet it comes with one. The real question was, what is a winterization package and you've answered that. Probably is both the water pump hose connection and the bypass valve. I did use that pump connect this year where last year I paid a dealer to do it, nearly a hundred bucks. They don't lose a lot of money on that deal, do they!
cekkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:14 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
The width is only 96" not 102"
Yep, 96" is correct.
cciparts is offline   Reply With Quote