Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-03-2013, 08:17 PM   #1

A few questions about a 2013 X213

Hey all,
I have a 2013 X213, I love it and my family and I have had it out camping around a dozen times so far. I have discovered that at some point in time during set up, that the front two stablizers have become bent. Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, what do I do to fix it? I feel like I need to torque on the stablizers a bunch to get the unit stable. Additionally, I was camping this last weekend and there was another X213 at the campground. I noticed that they have a refrigerator light and I do not have one in my trailer. Am I supposed to have one? Any and all help would be appreciated, I am relatively new to the whole camping thing. Thanks.

Jeremy
j_ford76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 04:42 AM   #2

Jeremy;

Stabilizers should not bear weight, but prevent frame or spring deflection. If your stabilizers are bending to the front or back - you should try some X-chocks...

If you have X-chocks.... try to determine where the deflection is originating through observation. I noticed from pictures the stabilizers are located at the extreme ends of the X213....maybe the spongy feel is suspension related - in which case a jack stand on each side of the frame near the axles should do the trick.

Keep us posted please. Good luck
Threebutchers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #3

2013 x213

Hello, we purchased our '13 x213 last summer. We have not bent any stabilizer jacks but I plan to replace them with scissor jacks in order to get more stability. Our TT does have refrigerator lights on the panel of the fridge for monitor as well.

Dan
SLtrekkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #4

I have a 2013 X213 and yes we do have a refrigerator light ( although I did have to do check to be sure). It's mounted to the ceiling of the fridge and works as long as the fridge is turned on.

I've never bent my jacks but was warned ahead not to put too much pressure on them. Strangely I have different jacks front and rear and they require a different style of crank handle.