Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-25-2021, 04:07 AM   #1

"A" frame Bike rack recommendations

I have my Jayco Jayfeather 27 BH TT and I want to add a bike rack for 2 bikes. I don't want one off the back bumper. I am looking at e-trailer about these A frame racks that then have a 2" receiver. Nobody has got back to me. Any recommendations on a good one. Pros & cons?
Heinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 05:22 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
I have my Jayco Jayfeather 27 BH TT and I want to add a bike rack for 2 bikes. I don't want one off the back bumper. I am looking at e-trailer about these A frame racks that then have a 2" receiver. Nobody has got back to me. Any recommendations on a good one. Pros & cons?
Lippert has one (made by Let’s Go Aero if I remember correctly) called Jack It that you’ve prob already looked at. The cons of a tongue mounted bike rack are, having to lift the bikes up that high (one is mounted behind the center pole of rack) and clearance with tow vehicle on tight turns.

I just went thru this process, and decided on one that I can use in the hitch on the back of my camper or TV or maybe eventually on the tongue of TT. It’s made by Stromberg Carlson and is RV approved, but to get to the point, they have a separate product called a bike bunk that puts a 2” receiver above the propane bottles. So that allows you to use the bike carrier on or off the camper. And IMHO is the best of all possible scenarios…. Using the bike rack and bike bunk.

The bike carrier from them is great and once I added an anti rattle hitch pin, very little movement.

Also fyi, look on Amazon warehouse for bike racks once you find what you want, I saved $80 by getting a “looks like new” bike rack.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...romberg&sr=8-4

They also make a 4 bike version.

https://www.amazon.com/Stromberg-Car...ke+bunk&sr=8-3

Swagman has something like this too for close to the same price….

Recommendation, if you go this route, get a bike rack that has a platform rather than allows bikes to hang, it’s more stable for bikes.

Hope all that helps!
Furrion Vision S 7” Rear and Side View Cameras
2021JayFlight28BHS is offline   Reply With Quote