Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
have taken a slight Hiatus from this site because of some issues I have with it but I couldn't help but comment......snip
Issues? Not here!
HD Trailering Package with Integrated Brake Controller

Camping Couple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by tawoo View Post
I agree!! Lets say lesson learned on my part but that is not why I'm disappointed in Jayco. The distance (my fault) only exasperated the issue.
No, what I am saying is a brand new $23,000 anything should not have four problems with it in less then a year. That's all.
Thank you for replying.
I'm sorry you are having issues -- I too am confident your dealer will get it sorted out and as you said the distance is on you, nobody else.

I just had to comment on the "brand new $23k ... shouldn't have 4 problems in year".

Ever build a house? You should see the punch list that I created from my brand new home. These things happen, they are expected. A great dealer will identify and correct before you take possession, but most don't. Many times I have used the phrase "I am not perfect, but perfectly accountable". I think this describes Jayco too -- they will have issues get out but will step up and fix them once identified. Too many others don't do this.
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 08:59 PM   #23

4 problems in a year? I have my 2015 Swift SLX 185RB less than a month and already put in for a new jack, 2 lights, broken dinette chair, bent door lock, refrigerator, and what's that black soot coming from the furnace on the outside?

I told my hubby all RV's have problems and it's not just ours or Jayco.

I still love it though. I cannot wait to use it again and then I don't want to go home. My biggest problem is I bought so much stuff for it , I am running out of storage space.
Maxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:00 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbhybrid View Post
I have taken a slight Hiatus from this site because of some issues I have with it
LOL -- I saw your "good bye" message on the RV.net thread. Your Hiatus lasted all of 22hrs :-)
2012 Jay Flight 26BH (Sold)
clubhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #25

I can understand the OP's frustration. There is nothing more disappointing than having something go wrong on a major purchase like a TT. I'm sure they researched and carefully weighed all decisions. The fact that there are several dozen manufacturers only makes it that much more difficult of a decision.

I've only owned my TT for 3 months now, but I would hope that jayco would stand by their warrantee. I understand that jayco didn't manufacture all the parts in question, but bumper to hitch means "bumper to hitch". I hope you are able to get everything sorted out and get back to camping.

Next time you go to Potsdam to get warrantee work done, stay over at Higley Flow State Park off of 56. It's the reason I bought a TT!
Old 09-04-2014, 09:13 PM   #26

Well, I'm keeping my 2011 26BH forever. It's had it's minor problems, and the selling dealer fixed them, but it's a solid unit now. And after 4 years of ownership (and no more warranty), and thanks to this forum, I know I can fix most any problem that crops up.

OP, I'm sorry for your problem, and I agree that it's sad that all dealerships don't honor warranty work. In my opinion they should. It would give Jayco buyers a lot more confidence in their purchases.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:31 AM   #27

I'm new to this forum even though my wife and I have been camping for over 25 years from a tent to now my new Jayco and everything in between. You guys are the best. Solid advice, no flaming, civil talk. I'll be around lurking for a long time.
Thanks everyone!
tawoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 05:58 AM   #28

"There is really no such thing as a better deal across town or the state in RV's. You should buy very local and form a relationship with the dealer and don't shop the price"
Really? Don't shop the price? Do me a favor and mail me some of those seeds for your money tree! Lol
12VOLTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 07:30 AM   #29

OP. Welcome. I'll start with the TV issue. The jumper is in right? If so then try a signal strength test on the TV while rotating the antenna. If your strength moves up or down as you rotate you know that you have a good connection, if not then I suspect that there is a break in your connection between the antenna and TV. I would start with the booster wall plate and remove the 2 screws to confirm there is a connection to the back of this plate. Mine was so tight that it eventually pulled out of the crimp just enough to give me snow on all my TV's when connected to park cable. Fixed it with a 3ft extension and inline connector.

Now the grey tank leak is coming from where? Belly, valve or pipe? Has it been this way since buying it or was it a late development. If from new then that falls on the dealer prep when they test all the systems.

As for the water pump cycling, I too would check all the fittings. Antifreeze valves are notorious for this issue. Make sure the outdoor shower is not open and closed on the handle. Again this falls on the dealer prep. Moving the unit over the road can cause fittings to loosen from their original tightness. Could your assumed grey tank issue be related to a water leak making the pump cycle? Check the low points and pull an access panel to confirm plumbing tightness.

The LP guage is a a joke. Mine will only turn to red if all the gas is bled out of the line and then you tap on it. Same for turning back to green, only if you tap it. The diphram ones were a little better on the read, but let's face it, your screwed if that is red and it only confirms what you already know. Perhaps you can find and older style one online to change it out with.

Sorry you are having issues with components as I do not know the extent of the Grey tank leak, but I have friends with other brands with more "build" issues related to the manufacturer.

I would also ask Jayco directly if you could utilize the services of a remote tech and if they would reimburse you for warranty related repairs. Even if they pay 50% of the cost or limit the hours of pay it would save you the hassel.

Also I agree with the setiment that dealers are busy. I also expect to be moved into the front of the line and leapfrog any "non buying" customers at my dealer. Last time I made the "journey" and was pushed back a few times, but always addressed. This time I made it clear why I was buying from this dealer and have been addressed rapidly as a result.

2014 375 BHFS Eagle Premier
2014 Ram 3500 Longhorn DRW CC
6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
3'senough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:01 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubhouse View Post
LOL -- I saw your "good bye" message on the RV.net thread. Your Hiatus lasted all of 22hrs :-)
He did say a "slight" Hiatus.

Becky, Bob and Taylie & Bode
2009 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison
2014 Heartland Sundance XLT 245RL
His and Hers Polaris 570 Touring ATV's
2018 Polaris General 1000
Bobx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:27 AM   #31

Thanks 3'senough. I pulled the connector plate and everything looks good. Unfortunately I don't have a signal meter to check the signal.
The grey water issue may have been from day one. I don't know as I always let the grey water drain while camping I only noticed water flooding out the bottom of the camper after the tank reached about 1/3rd full last time camping.
The cycling is new. It never did it before even after a summer of use so I don't think there's a leak I think the pressure sensor went bad. My problem is I don't want to spend the $50 for a new one when it should be repaired for free by Jayco next month.
That's a good idea about called the dealer to send someone here to fix it. When I bought it I thought they said that service would be available for $100.00. That would be well worth it to me.
Thank you for taking the time to reply.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:34 AM   #32

Quote:
I agree!! Lets say lesson learned on my part but that is not why I'm disappointed in Jayco. The distance (my fault) only exasperated the issue.
No, what I am saying is a brand new $23,000 anything should not have four problems with it in less then a year. That's all.
Thank you for replying.
IF that has you disappointed with Jayco just wait till you buy from someone else...
93/2020,157/2019219/2018 206/2017,215/2016, 211/2015, 196/14, 247/13, 193/12

Seann45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:50 AM   #33

We had major problems in our newest Jayco purchase. Never any problems in three previous units. Problems should have been identified before it ever left the factory. Was not discovered in dealer walk through either because I honestly did not want to fire up gas furnace nor gas portion of water heater. That was all my fault. In short order, dealer had everything working after a couple trips. No worse for the wear and I am a happy camper. My dealer has been fantastic, probably because my last three Jayco purchases have been through his dealership. Went in this past week for some minor warranty work, got there early, put me in first bay and took care of problems. I was out the door in less than 1 hour. It pays to get a dealer you can trust and depend on. Countless discussions on here about shopping online and driving for hours to make your buy. I shop online, but then take my best price to my dealer and let him know if he matches price, I will be glad to buy from his dealership. GUess I am lucky but it has worked 3 times now.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #34

Ha! I know what you mean. Not new but my last camper was a used Sunline. What a piece of $*&^. I was so sorry I sold my old Jayco and bought it. I just chocked it up to buying another persons junk and said I'd never do that again.
I guess I was hoping a brand new Jayco would be trouble free. Wishful thinking I guess.
Old 09-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #35

Quote:
Unfortunately I don't have a signal meter to check the signal.
There's one built into the TV already. Just scroll through the menu and look for signal strength. Almost all of them have it now.

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-05-2014, 09:10 AM   #36

REALLY?? I did not know that. I'll check it today.
Thanks!!
Old 09-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post
There's one built into the TV already. Just scroll through the menu and look for signal strength. Almost all of them have it now.
I took a brief look through my TV, and there was no signal meter that I could find. It's the Continuus that came with the trailer, basically a cheap RCA from what I understand. Perhaps the name brands have the meter, but if mine has it, I don't know where to look.

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #38
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3'senough View Post

never heard of that...my Panasonic and my LG do not have that
nbhybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #39

Crap! You guys are right my new unit does not have it.

Had it on my last units BR TV right next to the antenna dial. Sorry for the bad info. Been using park cable all summer so far.

Last unit had a Vusonic.

Guess I need to add one to the Amazon list...

6.7 CTD, Aisin, 4.10's
Yamaha EF3000iSEB
Old 09-05-2014, 10:24 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
We had major problems in our newest Jayco purchase. Was not discovered in dealer walk through either because I honestly did not want to fire up gas furnace nor gas portion of water heater.
The dealer is supposed to do all that before you even get there to be sure everything is working.