Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-12-2018, 09:02 AM   #1

Add a Thermal Package - 4 Seasons Package

Is it possible to convert a TT to a Thermal Package/4 Season package? Has anyone done this and had good luck. Where do I start?

DMobley232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:35 AM   #2

If your underbelly isnít enclosed, the first thing to do is get some coroplast to enclose it. Plus, you can add insulation under the floor.

Then, think about running a heater duct into the underbelly or add some tank heating pads.

Other than that, there isnít too much else I can think youíll be able to do without extensive remodeling....ie, double pane windows, extra ďatticĒ insulation, etc.

Magnolia Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 09:58 AM   #3

Add a Thermal Package - 4 Seasons Package

Like Tom said you can add insulation and enclose the underbelly but you wonít be able to easily add insulation to the other places the thermal package does...

I have the the thermal package and honestly canít recall what all the build differences are but it does help...

If you havenít bought a camper yet, I would definitely buy/order one that already has it. If you already have one, insulate what you can...
SouthCo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:00 AM   #4

What Magnolia Tom and SouthCo said. IMO, Jayco's 'Thermal Package' is primarily the enclosed underbelly and the heat duct into the underbelly to keep the water stuff from freezing.

Jayco also includes some kind of 'foil' in the roof and slideout floor in their thermal package, but IMO the additional insulation R-valve for the foil would be minimal at best.

The standard thermal package does not include thermal pane windows. I believe thermal pane windows are an option on higher priced TTs.

Some folks here do use their units year 'round. Maybe you could ask a more specific question regarding where you're thinking about spending the winter months. Spending a night in 20degF weather is different than spending days where the highs are always below freezing.
oldmanAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 07:38 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanAZ View Post
What Magnolia Tom and SouthCo said. IMO, Maybe you could ask a more specific question regarding where you're thinking about spending the winter months. Spending a night in 20degF weather is different than spending days where the highs are always below freezing.
Good Point. I don't plan to use the TT year round, only till about the end of October to middle of November. To be even more specific, the typically temperature I would experience would be mid 40's during the day, with lows in the mid 20's during night and early morning. Hopefully that helps, and I appreciate your response.
Old 10-13-2018, 07:39 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Tom View Post
If your underbelly isnít enclosed, the first thing to do is get some coroplast to enclose it. Plus, you can add insulation under the floor.

Then, think about running a heater duct into the underbelly or add some tank heating pads.

Other than that, there isnít too much else I can think youíll be able to do without extensive remodeling....ie, double pane windows, extra ďatticĒ insulation, etc.
I was just thinking the underbelly parts, I am not worried or concerned about the inside/double pane windows, etc..