Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-01-2020, 09:46 AM   #1

Add grill connection

I have a single propane tank on my 174bh, wondering what might be the best way to add a connection for my gas grill. Rather not take another tank since I have one on the front.
viennafire21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #2
Site Team

You can tap into the gas line somewhere close on the low pressure side and put a QC connection in a convenient location. This will create other challenges as you may have to do a mod on your grill for it to accept low pressure gas.

QC connections cannot be safely used on unregulated propane.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:12 AM   #3

Figure out where you want to place your grill. Since all your appliances are in the middle of the trailer you’ll find your gas line runs there. I’m betting that there is a manifold in that area to distribute the gas to the different appliances. You can find a spot to add a t connection or a larger manifold. A t fitting would probably be easier. One you find a spot to install the t you can install it; then you’ll have an extra spot to connect to. If you want your grill in a different spot then the middle of your trailer you’ll need to run a gas line from the new connection to the spot you want it. Then you’ll put a quick connect fitting on there to hook the grill to. Of course on the grill you’ll have to remove the regulator and hose from it and then install a new hose with a low pressure quick connect fitting on it. You could skip running the gas line from the t to the rear and just put the quick connect fitting on the t. Then get a long enough hose to run from the grill to the hook up spot. It all depends on how much work you want to do or are comfortable doing. The longer hose would give you more flexibility in where you place your grill, but could also be a tripping hazard depending on where you place the grill. You’ll want to make sure your propane tank is turned off before any work is done.
Weimaraner Duke
MichaelO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 10:47 AM   #4

Do you have an open underbelly? If so, crawl under the tt, and look for a manifold. Hard part is removing a plug, as Jayco uses what appears to be locktite red.

2012 Jayco X23B
2020 Ram Laramie 3500 SRW Air ride 50Gal fuel tank.
2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab (sold)
Equal-I-zer 4-Point Sway Control
Jagiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:08 PM   #5

Just add this to your tank before the regulator. Keeps the gas at high pressure out to the grill and there is enough hose to keep the grill a reasonable distance away. I have two of these, one on each tank for the grill (Roadtrip) and outdoor stove. Note that the grill/stove must have the fitting for the 1lb bottles for this hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
bankr63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2020, 12:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by viennafire21 View Post
I have a single propane tank on my 174bh, wondering what might be the best way to add a connection for my gas grill. Rather not take another tank since I have one on the front.
There is a place right by the door under the trailer that you can add a quick connect.

Check out this thread, they talk specifically about this exact thing. Along with a ton of other great ideas!!

Current Camper - 2019 Jayco 174BH
fisduki is offline   Reply With Quote