Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rustic Eagle View Post
With the limited CCC of the Sport 165, and the associated weight limits of the Tacoma, one's personal loading habits can make the difference.

To eliminate any worry and make your decision with confidence, visit a CAT scale. I realize we are only talking about an additional 100lbs, but if your overweight going into the process it may influence your decision. The CAT info will tell you everything you need to know.

CAT scale how-to: https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f37/how-to-weigh-your-tv-tt-3871.html

Bob
Yes, that is a part of my concern since we do have limited capacity on both the trailer and TV. Thanks for the info Bob! It looks like I have a CAT scale within a couple of miles at a 7-11 (?) so I'll look into that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texashighsheriff View Post
I guess it's from my Eagle Scout days...Be Prepared. If I was going to run a series of battery's to run a large inverter, which I have done in the past, it would be the 6 volt. But in this case I think 2 12's are better. He could always just carry the spare in the truck bed. Bring fully charged.
I've thought about that but for some reason thought I needed to have a more complex and integrated solution ...maybe not... it is a dead simple solution without worrying about the extra weight...good idea.

2009 Toyota Tacoma DC Prerunner TRD
2006 Jayco Jay Feather Sport 165
Curt round bar WDH
95w Go Power! solar panel
http://wanderlusttrailerlove.blogspot.com
noserub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 03:18 PM   #12

I was thinking of the same thing for my 30DSQB, but instead when with 2x12 volt 24 series. I also carry an extra 12 volt 27 series battery in my truck that I use for tailgating at the lake for some tunes, phone charger, etc. when we aren't near the trailer.

Two things kept from converting.

1. Price. $380 just for the 2 6 volt batteries, compared to $120 battery plus $40 for the hardware to install. Especially since my battery on the trailer is only 3 months old.

2. Now this sounds kind of weird, but I couldn't find a box that would fit the 6 volt batteries, and still fit in the space allowed on the tongue of the trailer. So I would need a custom fit box...which is more $$$ in for the extended battery life.

killerdoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 05:31 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerdoberman View Post
I was thinking of the same thing for my 30DSQB, but instead when with 2x12 volt 24 series. I also carry an extra 12 volt 27 series battery in my truck that I use for tailgating at the lake for some tunes, phone charger, etc. when we aren't near the trailer.

Two things kept from converting.

1. Price. $380 just for the 2 6 volt batteries, compared to $120 battery plus $40 for the hardware to install. Especially since my battery on the trailer is only 3 months old.

2. Now this sounds kind of weird, but I couldn't find a box that would fit the 6 volt batteries, and still fit in the space allowed on the tongue of the trailer. So I would need a custom fit box...which is more $$$ in for the extended battery life.
The 6 volt batteries are less than $90 each at SAMs club. I just put 6 new ones in my wife's golf cart.

Ustabslim is offline   Reply With Quote