Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-18-2022, 12:32 PM   #1

Advice on selling my TT

It's time to climb out of the saddle & hang up the spurs. Getting ready to sell my 2017 25BH Travel Trailer. It served me well over the years with many great memories. Thinking of listing or consignment to a dealer &/or outright sale to a dealership, anyone that has done this before & has any suggestions for the best route to go?
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:11 PM   #2

I considered selling mine several months ago. I talked to a couple of dealerships, who offered between 5 and 6 thousand dollars cash for it. I told them I'd need 10k, and they told me I should have no problem selling it myself at that price. So I just decided to keep it. I think values have been dropping for both used and new RVs, so I'm not sure what it would be worth today.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 01:55 PM   #3

RV Trader and Craigslist. I sold my last three TTs on Craigslist.
Camp4two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:25 PM   #4

If you have the luxury of time, I'd wait until A). there is an RV show near you, usually Febrauary or early March, or B). wait until spring when more are looking.

The reason I mention waiting for an RV show, after potential buyers get sticker shock looking at new units, seeing yours advertised for less may enhance a sale.

List of Craigslist, Offer up and Facebook Marketplace.

Murff

Edit: Seeing you're from Orlando, a sale may happen anytime.

2015 White Hawk 20MRB (It's last year)
2017 F150 2.7 Eco Boost 3.73 Gears

Murff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 05:21 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to jaycojay Send a message via MSN to jaycojay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murff View Post
If you have the luxury of time, I'd wait until A). there is an RV show near you, usually Febrauary or early March, or B). wait until spring when more are looking.

The reason I mention waiting for an RV show, after potential buyers get sticker shock looking at new units, seeing yours advertised for less may enhance a sale.

List of Craigslist, Offer up and Facebook Marketplace.

Murff

Edit: Seeing you're from Orlando, a sale may happen anytime.
I agree. That's the route i'm going. The 265RLS Jayflight we have is an excellent trailer, but i was considering downsizing, #1, so it fits in my driveway, #2, fuel is not getting any cheaper and 3, i'm tired of pulling , backing in, trying to find a good site that it will fit on. Came across a Jayfeather 23RL in great shape. Dealer was not going to give me enough on trade, so i thought to myself, shoot, i'll wait till early into the new year to sell it myself, plus the dealer was going to store the Jayfeather for me for free till Apr 1st. So, at the moment, i own 2 trailers. BTW, the Jayfeather is 3 feet shorter and 1000 pounds lighter, but to be honest, i'm still a true believer the Jayflight is ( well was until they got stupid with pricing) the best value on the market. It's a beast!
Old 12-19-2022, 07:28 AM   #6

We faced the same issue back in early spring when we decided to sell our trailer. I really didn't know where to go with it. For grins I filled out the form on Camping World's web site to see what they would offer. Two later I got an email with what I thought was pretty good. When I spoke to them, they wanted me to drop it off at a service facility 1 hour away leave it there for "evaluation". I didn't call back. They increased the offer by $2k.

I did more research and put it on Facebook Marketplace. Lots of people interested. One week later a couple drove 5 hours from MN and gave me my asking price.

I don't think RVs are selling that fast now, but I've sold a lot of things on the marketplace, and I was quite pleased with how it went with the trailer.
DocBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2022, 08:09 AM   #7

I bought my current trailer off Facebook Marketplace. Great place to sell something. The other resource would be Craigslist. Dealer would be my last choice. Selling to a dealer would be like trying to trade in your car, they give you the lowest price possible and then turn around and sell it for what you could get yourself. If you have the option (and finances) I would wait until spring and then sell it yourself. You'll get the most money that way.

2015 Starcraft AR-ONE Maxx 21FB
2023 Chevrolet Suburban LT 1500
mrmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:06 AM   #8

Thank all for the great Advice. I ended up selling it for $11K to Camping World. The hassle of having to tow it 38 miles each way from my storage facility & the $105/ month was nothing short of a PIA for me, I probably could have gotten another $4K on a PVT sale but I was done with it. I needed to replace the jackKnife sofa & dinette covers because the pleather shed off from them & it would've run me close to a $1K plus the awning had a tape repair over the door due to sliding it against a tree, still functional but was a point when selling it. Oh, also pointed out was the roof needed a reseal coating.
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2022, 11:30 AM   #9

Congrats on the sale!
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote