Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-05-2020, 04:52 PM   #21
Site Team

Well, I guess that answers the question of why we leave a thread active for 3 years without a post! Sure glad it helped solve the problem.

Now I still wonder happened to the original poster?
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:13 PM   #22

AC tripping breaker

Hello everyone! I recently bought a 2013 jayco jayfeather ultra lite travel trailer. We ran AC yesterday with no issues but today it is tripping the breaker after only a few seconds trying to run on low cool. No other breakers tripping except AC. If anyone has any ideas I would sure appreciate the advice. We are burning up inside and have a young baby with us. Thanks!
jstreib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2020, 04:48 PM   #23

Try it on high, it may be building up too much pressure if there is any ice on the coil. Not good to run the fan on low with high humidity. Could be a weak breaker too, also pull the cover and check the connections to be sure they are tight.
Old 08-17-2020, 02:36 PM   #24

ac keeps tripping 20 breaker

ok so i have a 2018 jayco bunk house. Have it at my house plugged into a regular house gfi outlet which is powered by a 30 amp breaker from inside the house. From the outlet to the TT is about 40 feet. I use a pretty thick extension chord connected to an adapter which is connected to the trailer. E very thing in the trailer works except when I turn the AC on, it'll run for a few min sometimes less then it trips the 20 amp breaker. I've had an rv tech come look at it and service it. He said the coils were real dirty so he cleaned them and he said he checked all the components of the ac and that they were fine. So I asked him why I was having this problem and he said its because I wasn't getting enough power to the rig and that I needed to plug directly into a 30 amp plug with no adapter or extension chord. Is this true or did I get taken for a ride. The gfi plug never trips nor does the breker inside the house. Just the one in the TT
Jaycoowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2020, 10:33 AM   #25

Advice I got when I bought mine was.......1)in summer when A/C needs much of the electric power, run all other appliances on gas that you can, 2)in winter, when heater needs much of the gas, run all other appliances on electricity that you can.
And when A/C is running, you have to watch what else you plug in at same time. There are only so many amps to go around.